Firefight Rangers and Aerial Deployment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daisuke Serizawa View Post
    At the moment you really Need to work and put your commander in jeopardy to get a good fusillade or call to arms off,
    I see under Call to Arms where it says it can't be used with Communications, but there doesn't seem to be the same thing for Fusillade, am I missing something? It seems like it should affect all Enforcers with the Communications Special Rule.

Comment

Then maybe that they will rule that Reserves can be used with Communications but as you say, Call To Arms cannot. They could add the restriction to Fusillade as well.

Comment

The fact that Call To Arms specifically says it is unaffected by comms under the order should be telling that reserves is effected by it. If you have to spell it out with Call to Arms but then don't spell it out for reserves that shows that comms effects reserve orders.

Think of it another way. Can you even call anything in from reserves at all without comms if you want really adhere to the RAW? How can the commander issue an order to a unit to come in if it's not in range being in reserve? You could argue in this can nothing can be in reserve without comms but that is obviously not the case because it would break several units like murderbirds who need to come in from reserves but have no comms.

There would be little to no point for reserves if comms did not help it.

Comment

"If you have to spell it out with Call to Arms but then don't spell it out for reserves that shows that comms effects reserve orders."

Unfortunately, I don't think this logic applies to the Reserves order. It is written as an if/else statement. If the Commander giving the order is in the unit, its entry point can be on any board edge. Else, it must choose an entry point within range of the Commander on the table giving the order. I think the crux of this issue is really what does it mean to be in range of that Commander who is on the table already. Communications states that it allows a unit to be the target of an order, not that range is measured differently when using the Communications ability.

Comment

Mantic Games Maybe you could help us out? Or maybe give us a timeline for when to expect an FAQ?

Comment

Working...
            X