X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob k
    started a topic Aerial deployment

Aerial deployment

In firefight Is it possible to deploy a hammerfist squad or black talon squad anywhere on the board? as reseves is a level 2 order and the squad leaders can only do level 1 orders can they only deploy within range of a commander already on the board?

Does the communications rule count as the commander being in the unit?

If I load a broodmother into a tunneller does this allow the tunneller to subterranean deploy anywhere on the board.
    Last edited by Rob k; 08-05-2017, 02:10 PM.

• darthken239
    replied
    yeah you could go with 2 broodmother's, but that would just be greedy maybe in a 3000+ pt game though. An extra broodmother on the table means 5 less nightcrawler units

Leave a comment:

• SkolbrosTabletop
    replied
    I was juat about to say "what about two brood mommies"

Leave a comment:

• El_Guardian
    replied
    Originally posted by darthken239 View Post
    yes you need a level 2 or higher commander to bring a tunneller on anywhere on the table via sub deployent, but it can't be a brood mother as she has the highest command so has to start on the table. It makes Hacker Half tail and auto include as he is the only lvl 2 commander veer-myn have.
    You can always have two Brood Mothers....

but yes, the special character seems like a good choice too.

Leave a comment:

• darthken239
    replied
    yes you need a level 2 or higher commander to bring a tunneller on anywhere on the table via sub deployent, but it can't be a brood mother as she has the highest command so has to start on the table. It makes Hacker Half tail and auto include as he is the only lvl 2 commander veer-myn have.

Leave a comment:

• El_Guardian
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob k View Post
    So it's impossible to deploy anywhere on the table as you can't get a level 2 commander in the unit.
    That is correct

Leave a comment:

• Rob k
    replied
    So it's impossible to deploy anywhere on the table as you can't get a level 2 commander in the unit.

Leave a comment:

• El_Guardian
    replied
    I've got an official answer in the "Warpath: Firefight Fanatics" facebook group. It can't be any more official as it's been answered by the writter of the actual book.

"Communications is only for the act of issueing"

So, Aerial Deployment if the order is issued by a commander outside the unit can only arrive in range of said commander and Fussilade only works for units within 12 inches as well.

Leave a comment:

• El_Guardian
    replied
    Originally posted by frankierude View Post
    Does the same apply for Fusillade? I've read the Command, Communications, and Reserve rules a dozen times but it's not clear to me if Comms range is only unlimited for issuing orders, or for everything that refers to "range".
    Actually just read again the communications rule and RAW, Communications seem to affect only giving orders but I'm not sure as we've all understood it the it the other way.
    ​​​​​​
    I was sure I knew the answer but now you've got me thinking. It would be nice to get an official response on this.

Leave a comment:

• frankierude
    replied
    Does the same apply for Fusillade? I've read the Command, Communications, and Reserve rules a dozen times but it's not clear to me if Comms range is only unlimited for issuing orders, or for everything that refers to "range".

Leave a comment:

• El_Guardian
    replied
    If the unit has Communications, it can be deployed anywhere on the board.

The second one I don't know sorry, that seems a little bit trickier but common sense would dictate that it can although I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X