Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aerial deployment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aerial deployment

    In firefight Is it possible to deploy a hammerfist squad or black talon squad anywhere on the board? as reseves is a level 2 order and the squad leaders can only do level 1 orders can they only deploy within range of a commander already on the board?

    Does the communications rule count as the commander being in the unit?

    If I load a broodmother into a tunneller does this allow the tunneller to subterranean deploy anywhere on the board.
    Last edited by Rob k; 08-05-2017, 01:10 PM.

  • #2
    If the unit has Communications, it can be deployed anywhere on the board.

    The second one I don't know sorry, that seems a little bit trickier but common sense would dictate that it can although I'm not sure.
    Tales of a Stranded Ghekkotah

    KoW Painting Blog

    Comment


    • #3
      Does the same apply for Fusillade? I've read the Command, Communications, and Reserve rules a dozen times but it's not clear to me if Comms range is only unlimited for issuing orders, or for everything that refers to "range".

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by frankierude View Post
        Does the same apply for Fusillade? I've read the Command, Communications, and Reserve rules a dozen times but it's not clear to me if Comms range is only unlimited for issuing orders, or for everything that refers to "range".
        Actually just read again the communications rule and RAW, Communications seem to affect only giving orders but I'm not sure as we've all understood it the it the other way.
        ​​​​​​
        I was sure I knew the answer but now you've got me thinking. It would be nice to get an official response on this.
        Tales of a Stranded Ghekkotah

        KoW Painting Blog

        Comment


        • #5
          I've got an official answer in the "Warpath: Firefight Fanatics" facebook group. It can't be any more official as it's been answered by the writter of the actual book.

          "Communications is only for the act of issueing"

          So, Aerial Deployment if the order is issued by a commander outside the unit can only arrive in range of said commander and Fussilade only works for units within 12 inches as well.
          Tales of a Stranded Ghekkotah

          KoW Painting Blog

          Comment


          • #6
            So it's impossible to deploy anywhere on the table as you can't get a level 2 commander in the unit.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rob k View Post
              So it's impossible to deploy anywhere on the table as you can't get a level 2 commander in the unit.
              That is correct
              Tales of a Stranded Ghekkotah

              KoW Painting Blog

              Comment


              • #8
                yes you need a level 2 or higher commander to bring a tunneller on anywhere on the table via sub deployent, but it can't be a brood mother as she has the highest command so has to start on the table. It makes Hacker Half tail and auto include as he is the only lvl 2 commander veer-myn have.
                My dark elves, now twilight kin, My vampire counts, now undead, thank you Mantic Games
                My Dark Eldar will soon be ....................

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by darthken239 View Post
                  yes you need a level 2 or higher commander to bring a tunneller on anywhere on the table via sub deployent, but it can't be a brood mother as she has the highest command so has to start on the table. It makes Hacker Half tail and auto include as he is the only lvl 2 commander veer-myn have.
                  You can always have two Brood Mothers....

                  but yes, the special character seems like a good choice too.
                  Tales of a Stranded Ghekkotah

                  KoW Painting Blog

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was juat about to say "what about two brood mommies"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yeah you could go with 2 broodmother's, but that would just be greedy maybe in a 3000+ pt game though. An extra broodmother on the table means 5 less nightcrawler units
                      My dark elves, now twilight kin, My vampire counts, now undead, thank you Mantic Games
                      My Dark Eldar will soon be ....................

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X