No announcement yet.

Firefight FAQ & Errata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, sorry for the long silence. I have a list of all your questions (that haven't already been answered on here) and will get a list of answers compiled asap. In regards to RC for Firefight we are looking at the options, either keep one for both games or make a new one to cover Firefight. We will update on that when we have more information.

Comment

YAAAAYYYYYY!!! Thanks Matt!

Comment

Originally posted by Petrow84 View Post
        I'd say (and play), that they become grounded as soon as the exit from the protection aura of the Overseer. The enemy can still make his charge reaction, but as soon as they are out of the aura, they are down, and won't complete the charge.

And also, let's reverse the question. I roll for recovery for my grounded Marionettes, and the first die roll gets me back D3", right into the Protection aura of a nearby Overseer. Do they immediately cease to be grounded, or they still have to continue their recovery rolls?
        As I read it, I'd tend to agree with you that that's how it would RAW happen. As soon as you enter/clear a 'bubble' that rule takes effect.

Comment

Originally posted by kodos View Post
          but an action is never interrupted and an activation need to be completed
          therefore the grounded effect takes place or is removed after the unit finish it's current action

a recovery must be finished no matter if the first dice roll get you into range of something that removes grounded or the last one

regarding the charge, because charging is not its own action but an automatic result of a move in contact, the unit would attack as normal (but is than grounded after the combat if it is outside the range of the Overseer)

Have you read somewhere that an action needs to be completed Kudos? This is how I would like the rule to play out, but in the example of the charge the rule states "Any action that takes a unit into base contact is called a charge, and all units in contact are now engaged. The charging unit will instantly make an Assault action..." so I would suggest that the Move and the resulting Assault are actually different actions so there could be room for another mechanic to apply in between. I agree with you that though that it shouldn't happen this way, it's just I think there is an argument for the rules to be interpreted either way. Just playing devil's advocate really.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseJuice View Post
            Have you read somewhere that an action needs to be completed
            there is something at the beginning about actions and activations that they need to be completed before you go on, but not strict sentence that it cannot be interrupted

I would suggest that the Move and the resulting Assault are actually different actions
            I agree, if assault after move in contact (or charge in general) would be a full action
            but it is an event automatic triggered by moving in contact and explicit allowed even if the unit would not be able to make a normal assault action

Originally posted by Matt Hobday View Post
            Hey all, sorry for the long silence. I have a list of all your questions (that haven't already been answered on here) and will get a list of answers compiled asap. In regards to RC for Firefight we are looking at the options, either keep one for both games or make a new one to cover Firefight. We will update on that when we have more information.
            thx for the info

Comment

Can a tank assault several different units a turn?
              with the move move move order you can move up to 27" and this would give a tank lots of potential damage

Comment

As far as the overseer problem, key parts of the rules are as follows:

Pg 38:
                "Before you choose which actions to take with a unit, you should always check the number of suppression tokens assigned to it,"
                "A unit that starts its Activation grounded (see page 50) must first make a Recovery roll, and must then Rally."

Pg50:
                "A unit is suppressed as soon as (and for as long as) it has a number of suppression tokens equal to or higher than its Nerve value."
                "A unit is grounded as soon as (and for as long as) it has a number of suppression tokens equal to or more than double its Nerve value."

So, Basically the two pages in question directly contradict each other. Personally I would play that you apply the 'suppressed' or grounded result either at the start of the turn, or if another suppression token is added. Warpath (i.e. not firefight) has the same issue in the wording.

As for Tanks, they follow the normal rules for assault, but can't attack back. As far as I can see, you can hit two units at once (i.e. engage them together), but you stop when you hit them. You can make a move if you win combat, but unless your plague with an order, you can't engage another unit.

Comment

No, you do not stop
                  the Tank moves through a unit and is not stopped by infantry as the rules clearly say that the charge is resolved even if the tank end the movement out of contact with the charged unit.

so in theory I can move through more than 2 units with a double move or order and resolve each assault after the tank has stopped.
                  and all of them should be able to attack back

Comment

Sorry, read that bit, then glossed over it. I'm going to blame my cold and a long day

I feel like it would be ruled that you can't engage a second unit, since you can't assault consecutive units (but can simultaneous ones), but rules as written, I would say as many as you like.

Comment

Originally posted by kodos View Post
                      so in theory I can move through more than 2 units with a double move or order and resolve each assault after the tank has stopped.
                      and all of them should be able to attack back
                      Yes, that's what the rules say. I don't see anything written that prohibits it at least. So especially nasty if you're an open topped tank and full of combat guys as they would presumably fight in each assault the tank is part of. You could take out several units in one lethal Move, move, move action if the stars align correctly. (On that note, I'm guessing the GCPS Mule should have the Tank classification like the Plague variant? Otherwise it wouldn't be allowed to do this but the Plague one would)

But what would happen if the result of the assault with the first unit you came into contact with was that the vehicle explodes? Would you have to resolve it there and then go back on everything that happened afterwards? Maybe each assault specifically needs to be resolved before the vehicle continues movement.

Comment

Assault is simultan, so charge 3 units and if the first one kills it the first unit would take the damage but the wrack would be on the end position of the movement

Comment

Working...
                        X