No announcement yet.

Warpath Errata and FAQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added questions from this thread on vehicles and transports.

Comment

Someone on facebook has pointed out that lots of the support upgrades are listed as 0-1. In the early rules support upgrades could be taken by every team in a unit, with some units having further restrictions. However part way through the beta and in the final rules this was changed to make support upgrades one per unit instead of per team. This extra text should be removed from unit entries to prevent confusion!

Adding this to the first post list.

Comment

This is more on the support upgrades:

Errors in Unit Stats:

Pg 126: Goran Auxiliaries have the option for mawbeast support upgrade. It says “upgrade any team with a pair of mawbeasts” this should read “upgrade any UNIT with a pair of mawbeasts” because support upgrades are given to units (1 per unit) and not to teams)
        Pg 127: Orc commandoes have the option for mawbeast support upgrade. It says “upgrade any team with a pair of mawbeasts” this should read “upgrade any UNIT with a pair of mawbeasts” because support upgrades are given to units (1 per unit) and not to teams)

basically every single support upgrade entry needs to be fixed and brought in line with each other. The asterian drones for example word it 1 way, but then the other armies word it another way.

Comment

GCPS weapon teams. These should have a special rule added to them similar to the asterian black talons, cyphers, and overseer guard. In EVERY picture that mantic has ever released, it shows that a weapon team is 2 guys and a gun on a base.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-sh...ons-teams.html

this set contains 2 weapon teams. Notice the "s".

The reason I bring this up is that a lot of people seem to be talking about this that a weapons team needs to be on the standard movement tray size. No matter how you go about doing it, if you dont want to multibase, there is not a singl eocnfiguration you can do to make it so that two 60 mm bases can fit onto 1 team base. This isnt a problem if you plan on multibasing, but takes away the idea mantic seems to be going for to make it so that you can play warpath, deadzone, and firefight all with the same armies. I have seen a few battle reports online where people used 2 60mm bases to represent 1 team. But this is impossible again to fit onto a team base (not even the standard one, but any configuration that stays in the rules of sizes of team bases)

An easy fix to this would be to do this at the top of page 118, 119: (notice that this follows the pattern as is given for the asterian blacktalons, cyphers, and overseer guard)

"NOTE: Marine Autocannon, Marine Laser Cannon, Marine Missle Launcher, Marine Mortar, Veteran Autocannon, Veteran Laser Cannon, Veteran Laser Cannon, Veteran Missile Launcher, and Veteran Mortar teams are arranged a little differntly to most infantry. Each team contains 2 models and the relevant crew served weapon. "

Again, this is something that should happen because EVERY picture mantic has ever released for warpath shows that a TEAM of any of these crew served weapons are 2 infantry and a gun. (also btw 60mm round team bases follow all the rules for bases found on page 14 as it currently stands EXCEPT!!!!!!!!! the first bullet point "all team bases must be at least big enough to hold the individual bases provided with the models their team contains,.... without overlapping) Because right not the team for crew served weapons has not been specified, and because it hasnt been specified it would mean it needs to follow the rules on page 14 "regular infantry units have 5 models per team" because it does have something giving it an exception "all follow exactly the same rules in the game, unless specifically stated otherwise."

I think we need to specifically state otherwise.

ANOTHER OPTION is to add a special rule called "Crew served weapons" and just add that to: Marine Autocannon, Marine Laser Cannon, Marine Missle Launcher, Marine Mortar, Veteran Autocannon, Veteran Laser Cannon, Veteran Laser Cannon, Veteran Missile Launcher, and Veteran Mortar teams.

The rule would read the following and be found in the special rules section: "Crew Served Weapon: A special type of weapon that requires 2 individuals to operate. Teams with this rule are made up of 2 infantry and a weapon" (maybe add "on a 60mm base")

I know this seems stupid but we are trying to make this game as straight forward and easy to follow as possible, so that the game can actually be interesting to as many as possible. I have had around 20 different people bring this up to me when we have been going over the rules. I have seen this discussed on battle reports as well.

Comment

How many units can a tank ram through? Like the half track has the range to potentioally get through like 6 or 7 units and then end up charging into an 8th (i have pictures). Ya its not likely, but is there a limit to how many they can ram through?

How do infantry react in this way? Do the infantry react in order of which team would be rammed first? The vehicle ramming doesnt seem to have enough detail in it. This may need to be worded better.

Comment

From the Warpath Facebook:

OP:

Mobile defenses says if a unit has this, the unit acts as if it is in cover even in the open. Should this say team, not unit?

I have 5 teams of peace keepers (I have 10 teams actually so times this by 2)

1 team has mobile defenses. The rest don't. I shove a medic and a commander in there. Maybe 2 ... or 5..... flame throwers ? So does this mean that all 5 teams have the mobile defense rule so long as the mobile defense team is still in play ?

Response 1: The team counts as in cover, and if half the teams are in cover then the unit has cover.

Response 2: (to response 1) Ok so the rules would need to be changed to reflect this.

You upgrade 1 team with mobile defenses, that team has it sure. But the rule for mobile defenses states:"this unit counts as being in cover even when in the open. The ability has no further benefit when the unit is in cover"

I agree with your ruling here. It think that's how it should be. And probably as the rules were intended. If the rules for mobile defenses just changed the word "unit" to "team" this would solve any ambiguity. Because as it is worded now, if a single team has mobile defenses, the entire unit now has that special rule in the unit (not on each team but the unit its self does have this rule in it) peace keepers as a unit do not benefit from mobile defenses. Only the team with shields has this.

In fact, Enforcer Defender teams (page 94) and peacekeepers are the only non vehicle with this rule, or even have access to this rule. (Ajax strider, one of the dwarf weapon platforms and one of the dwarf tanks has this rule as well)

Right now the rule just doesn't fit with what we see on page 22. If your ruling is correct (which I think it is) then the rule just needs to have the errata changed from "unit" to "team" And that would solve anyone trying to game the system.

So basically with the above ruling, in order to have a peacekeeper unit to have cover at the start of the game, you have to have 50% or more of the teams with mobile defenses. So I have a unit of 5 teams, 3 of them need mobile defenses for the unit to be in cover

Comment

On the page that describes Allies, there are two different styles of stars used. One one page it is your typical 5 point star, on the other page it has more stars... Ya this is not an important thing but it is a different symbol. May wanna fix this on the digital format and for future printings? I haven't checked the rest of the book to see if the star pattern stays the same.

I really think that the idea of using the star and the other symbols (for example the symbol for multiple variations of fire ability like the heavy infantry in the maruaders list where each time you shoot there is a different option you have to pick, i think having those symbols with a specific name (i thin k the HVA star doesnt really have a name but the multiple fire thing does, I just cant remember it.) would be a good way to have discussions about this. Anyone, Minor gripe.

Comment

@Skolbros, actually the rules on pg 18 in the WP rulebook explain this question regarding teams confering benefits to the whole unit:
                  OP: Mobile defenses says if a unit has this, the unit acts as if it is in cover even in the open. Should this say team, not unit? I have 5 teams of peace keepers (I have 10 teams actually so times this by 2) 1 team has mobile defenses. The rest don't. I shove a medic and a commander in there. Maybe 2 ... or 5..... flame throwers ? So does this mean that all 5 teams have the mobile defense rule so long as the mobile defense team is still in play ?
                  I took the liberty to add my reply from the FB group here for completeness. In the rules section on Units (WP pg 18f) you can find a section on how such team special rules affect the whole unit - not only for mobile defences (Special Rules like Leadership, Fire in the Hole etc benefit the whole unit too). 12. Special Rules: This section will list any equipment or ability possessed by the team that bestow special rules upon the unit. These rules will be in effect for the entire unit while the team remains in play. Definitions for these special rules can be found on pages 58. So, yes, in WP proper, up to 8 regular Peacekeepers (4 teams) can cower behind their 2 Defender mates with their shields (the 5th team) and gain the Cover bonus from Mobile defences. (Whereas in WP FF, you need at least 50 % models in the unit with Mobile Defences before you can claim the Cover bonus - pg 62)

Comment

Originally posted by SkolbrosTabletop View Post
                    Pg 126: Goran Auxiliaries have the option for mawbeast support upgrade. It says “upgrade any team with a pair of mawbeasts” this should read “upgrade any UNIT with a pair of mawbeasts” because support upgrades are given to units (1 per unit) and not to teams)
                    Support upgrades are given to a team - as in they are added to a single teams base - but are one per unit, so I don't see a problem here. If the mawbeasts were added loose on their own bases then your change makes sense, but as it is I think it's fine.

I'll read through the rest and add them to the head post later when I have more time. Thanks for reporting then though!

Comment

I was sure I added the tank question aready, but couldn't spot it.

Added gcps weapons teams, and added mobile defenses.

Comment

SkolbrosTabletop
                        How many units can a tank ram through? Like the half track has the range to potentioally get through like 6 or 7 units and then end up charging into an 8th (i have pictures). Ya its not likely, but is there a limit to how many they can ram through?
                        Good question. Either it needs to be errata'd to only one unit being a valid target for a tank's charge, or -as it appears now - a tank could actually shock its way through several infantry units, as it is only marked as activated at the end of its movement.
                        This seems particularly powerful against infantry units without any chance to damage it in return (any tank with Def 7+ is safe from everything with AP -), but against most armies, this would be balanced out by the vehicles Ram values rarely being able to kill more than one team, e.g. R4 Ap 1 for the Mule, Raptor*, or Bull*, and R 6 Ap 2 for the Hultr to R6 Ap3 for most tanks up to R8 AP 4 for the rightly feared Brandr and Tunneller - unless you opt for a combined charge in a formation.
                        (*Note: The Marauders' vehicles are more at risk due to their Def of 6+)

How do infantry react in this way? Do the infantry react in order of which team would be rammed first? The vehicle ramming doesnt seem to have enough detail in it. This may need to be worded better.
                        Following the rules for charge reactions (pg 39, right column, almost the last paragraph, WP rulebook): if multiple units are charged, the controlling player can choose in which order they react
                        This leaves you with several options:
                        If within Movement range of empty defensible terrain your unit could simply flee into terrain and avoid being charged.
                        Given that you can blaze away as a charge reaction without checking for range or LoS to the charger, you could attempt to suppress or ground the charging vehicle if you got weapons with a high enough AP to damage the vehicle around.
                        Stand your ground if your unit has Assault weapons with high AP and smash the thing apart in return.
                        Counter Attack Order: If one of your units can reach the vehicle with a double move, the whole plan falls apart and the vehicle will not move nor react to the charge. And since you get +1 AP for charging almost every unit has a chance to damage a light tank like a Mule or Hultr on the charge.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPieChee View Post
                          I was sure I added the tank question aready, but couldn't spot it.

Added gcps weapons teams, and added mobile defenses.
                          Thanks, Tanks & GCPS teams need some clarifications but RAW, the mobile defences question can be answered with pg 18 if one team has a special rule, the whole unit benefits from it. (See my posting #38 above).

Comment

Originally posted by Captn Morgrim View Post

Thanks, Tanks & GCPS teams need some clarifications but RAW, the mobile defences question can be answered with pg 18 if one team has a special rule, the whole unit benefits from it. (See my posting #38 above).
                            Yeah, I added it as a 'for clarity' point since it's been brought up before.

As for tanks, I'm keen for it to be 'ram all you can reach'. Makes the most sense, and as you say most ram values are low.

I brought up the idea of being able to damge high defense units with any other unit several times in the beta, but it didn't get anywhere. Not sure yet whether it's a real problem, but it feels like it easily could be. My favorite solution was that you could always get past a units defense in melee on a 6, but this would only add suppression if you can't damage the unit. That suppression could then be modified by the extra AP you needed to do damge - either a straight subtraction from the result, or by halving your melee dice... Might be a house rule I test at some point. Would represent infantry shooting through windows and putting grenades down gun barrels, or the weight of man power holding a monster down.

Comment

I was looking at the forgefather brokkr bikes (valkryr or something) and I was thinking 8 dice in shooting seems a bit high.
                              Generally bikes have an increase in speed and a reduction in resilience but not significantly alter shooting. The valkyrr have double shooting power of infantry. yes they have 2 guns per model but there are only 2 models on a base. possibly a typo - anyone else think so?

Comment

Given their points, I think it's intended. They have less assult dice than normal brokkrs, and aren't very tough.

Normally bikes are more resilient than their equivalent, but large infantry normally have less res because there are less models to a base.

Comment

Working...
                                X