[SUGGESTION] Number of command dice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SUGGESTION] Number of command dice

This idea came during recent game od Deadzone. I think the game could benefit from dependency of command dice on the point formate. For example:

up to 100 points: 2 command dice
    101-200 points: 3 command dice
    over 200: 4 command dice

It feels odd to me to have the same number of dice on all point levels. What do you think? Does this makes sense? Is it unnecessary?

Point costs for leaders are balanced to include a certain number of command dice (Tactician), so if you give X amount of command dice to all it would leave some leaders worse off and some better off.

Maybe change to this:
    up to 100 points: -1 to Leader Tactician
    101-200 points: no effect
    over 200: +1 to Leader Tactician

I've only played games between 100 and 125 points so I haven't had a problem with the command dice.

Comment

Originally posted by pikkujoulumies View Post
      Point costs for leaders are balanced to include a certain number of command dice (Tactician), so if you give X amount of command dice to all it would leave some leaders worse off and some better off.

Maybe change to this:
      up to 100 points: -1 to Leader Tactician
      101-200 points: no effect
      over 200: +1 to Leader Tactician

I've only played games between 100 and 125 points so I haven't had a problem with the command dice.
      The effect would be the same

The main reason for my idea is that small formate games tend to be more chancy and the relatively high number of command dice is part of that.

Comment

Some Leaders have Tactician(2) and some have Tactician(1).

If you set command dice to three that's equivalent of Tactician(0), so some leaders would have their Tactician reduced by 2 and some by 1. The effect would not be the same.

Comment

Why assume that he's invalidating the Tactician rule and not suggesting a new baseline to be adjusted by Tactician values?

Comment

Originally posted by bombkangaroo View Post
            Why assume that he's invalidating the Tactician rule and not suggesting a new baseline to be adjusted by Tactician values?
            Because that isn't what was said in the original post!

Comment

Working...
            X