How many walkers do you need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many walkers do you need?

I know the answer is "thousands of them" but in game terms.

My initial reading of the rules was that you had a pool consisting of the game points value divided by walker points value (rounded up).

Re-reading the rules I understand that it is the initial walker deployment, and the maximum number of walkers is dependent on the event cards and die rolls. Is that correct?

Yes the points value of the game dictates the initial deployment of walkers but more can be added by event cards during game play. It is a good idea to paint up a decent sized pool just in case. IIRC there is also a rule that if you run out of walker models you can advance the threat tracker instead. I don't have my books to hand to check though.

Comment

Thanks.

Yes, you do need a large number, the "no walkers, increase threat" really shortens the game.

Comment

I think that rule was a beta rule or some such but I suspect any tournament will use it.
        As for how many, just keep buying things and you will always have enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolden Spoons View Post
          I think that rule was a beta rule or some such but I suspect any tournament will use it.
          As for how many, just keep buying things and you will always have enough.
          That rule is in the Box on Page 20 of "The Rules" book from the boxed game.

Having enough walkers is not the issue, having them painted however....

Comment

Spray them White. Use a flesh wash, then some green, purple or yellow washes. Add blue for jeans and various colours for tops. Job done.

Comment

I did bulk paint some Zombies back in Zombtober 2015(not posting photographs as they are from a number of other manufacturers).

http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.co...abel/Zombtober

Basically sprayed them with Humbrol 237 Desert Tan, Citadel Agrax Earthshade, painted the flesh, blue shade and then colour highlights.

Following Opponent Theory's suggestion I am going to try Army Painter Leather spray, test figure here:
              http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.co...te-figure.html
              Last edited by Ultravanillasmurf; 08-05-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I actually quite enjoy painting up the walkers in different colour schemes because they are all different sculpts and really characterful (so it's not like having to batch paint tons of the same sculpt for something like Zombicide for instance). So far I've painted up a diner maid and a red-neck zombie who is wearing a camo jacket and a red 'MAGA' cap.

Comment

Haha I love it. I was trying to see if one made a great walker bride but I'm still looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolden Spoons View Post
                    Haha I love it. I was trying to see if one made a great walker bride but I'm still looking.
                    You might want to look at one of the former "Zombie Vixens" figures.
                    Left figure, last photograph.
                    http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.co...-part-two.html.

You need to get a good contrast on the dress. I was a little disturbed by the sculpts of the female zombies.

Comment

I have just found what looks to be a hippie zombie in the original AOW set. Looking forward to having a go at a tie-dye t-shirt at 28mm scale.

Comment

Working...
                      X