Announcement

Collapse

FORUMS CLOSING

Hi everyone,

This is some advance warning that these forums will be closing shortly. The last day will be the 17th December 2018. We have noticed over the past couple of years that traffic on the forum and regular users have both decreased. As a result we’ve taken the difficult decision to close the forums. We’ll still be able to answer rules questions via social media and we’ll produce articles on the Mantic Blog too.

Many thanks to all of you for your contributions and conversations on the pages here. Special thanks are extended to the moderators who have kept things ticking over for us in the background.

If there is any content you wish to keep, please download and save it before the final closing date.
See more
See less

Supply Card: Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supply Card: Radio

Hi all, First time posting. I managed to get a copy of the Lee and Clementine Booster that will be arriving at the end of the month but have a question.

Do you only get one copy of the radio card? I cant seem to see another one in any of the sets/bosters. The card implies that you need two of them to play.

I believe there's a radio in the equipment card booster pack

Comment

ah ha! looks like I'll need to buy the equipment pack too!!! As if I wasn't going to anyways

Comment

Question: Can the model that receives the extra action choose the same action twice that activation, much like Scott Moon can? Otherwise, two radios for 16 points seems really expensive for something so situational, especially considering that Scott is only 7 points more than a pair of radios and he can fight too! (Badly, and only if he has too, of course).
        ​​​​​​
        Couldn't find any clarification on the internet of in the FAQ.

Comment

The Maggie, Prison Defender Booster has two radios according to the components list.

Comment

Originally posted by darkdaysdawn View Post
            Question: Can the model that receives the extra action choose the same action twice that activation, much like Scott Moon can? Otherwise, two radios for 16 points seems really expensive for something so situational, especially considering that Scott is only 7 points more than a pair of radios and he can fight too! (Badly, and only if he has too, of course).
            Couldn't find any clarification on the internet of in the FAQ.
            I would say not as the core rules say you only perform different actions (unless a subsequent rule says so - such as Quick).

It is very situational, but there are a number of options that would work and make it worthwhile.

If you have two characters with radios and one has the Browning Hunting Rifle (other scoped rifles are available), you could move, aim, fire giving you a die upgrade.

Narratively it does not make a great deal of sense, but in game terms if you have a Tactician on the receiving end, they can move, shoot and Hold Your Nerve (which is a lot more valuable as they automatically pass the test).

Comment

Working...
            X