X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figurebits - cheap MDF terrain - crowdfunding

Figurebitz: MDF Terrain - crowdfunding
    Hello my fellow hobbyists.

Gary Robertson is a very nice bloke that designs and makes MDF terrain. His old cutter is broken and i need around 2000 for a new one. So he's made a crowdfunding campaign by pre-orders.

Ending in 3 days. Until then if you put some money at him, he'll add 50% to it when you order some stuff.

Gary is a very nice guy, I've been chatting a lot with him. I have some of his early stuff and it is awesome (and very cheap). I've also seen some of the stuff he has planned for modern kits. He's often willing to air brust paint the kits for you, for cheap as well.

He's an honest guy.

I suggest you get some cheap MDF stuff for your tables (it was even cheap in the first place) and support the business of a nice guy.

Kits:
    Modern (more planned - gasstation, barn, police station)
    Sci-fi (pretty 40k style buildings)
    Underground base (modern, scifi dungeon / space ship)
    Dungeon (a cool modular dungeon set - with a lot of components)
    Tudor Houses (classis moderheim/warhammer style house - both ruined and standing versions)
    Small scale for FoW
    28mm train sets and rails
    28mm construction vehicles

Link to his facebook galleries: https://www.facebook.com/Figurebitz-...=page_internal

The facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Figurebitz-1103058219726332/

I'll just put his text in here.
    Originally posted by Gary
    Hi everyone,
    The time has come to upgrade the old kit I use to make my creations.
    A larger and more powerful laser cutter would replace the fund draining little machine I currently use; its constant failing and associated repairs are just burning cash instead of MDF. The new one I am considering is around 2000.
    However, to raise the necessery funds, I need your help. I intend to raise the money by offering potential supporters a huge discount on anything I currently make and from the 'coming soon' list. The coming soon list will be posted shortly.
    So what is this discount I am offering?
    It's a massive 50% extra value on any purchases when I reach the total amount required. For example, you invest 10 and as thanks for your support, I return 15 in goods; 50 gets 75 worth, 100 gets 150 worth etc. The postage and packaging is NOT included in the offer; it will be calculated when your items are ready and I will then invoice you for payment.
    What this means in practice is that you:
    order items from my current catalogue and from the 'coming soon' list see separate thread
    pay by paypal to ensure you are completely covered for any possible, but unlikely, failings on my side to fulfill the deal
    be patient and wait. Having said that, everyone who invests will be kept up-to-date with how we are progressing. There will be a running total on the Facebook page.
    When I reach the target of 2000 and purchase the new laser, 2 things will happen:
    1. I will start immediately on supporters orders. These will be filled in sequence so an early investment will ensure you get your items as soon as possible
    2. The 50% extra offer will close
    I also have a very special limited offer, just one spot left for investing 500 or more in MDF goodness and get 75% extra returned in goods. That's 875 worth of fantastic terrain!!!! Be quick, this offer won't last long!!!
    Those of you who have already purchased my kits know what excellent quality and value they are. Your support will enable me to continue to make superior kits at a reasonable price.
    Thank you all in anticipation of your support!
    Gaz
    A few examples of stuff:

My sci-fi blog: Deadzone project - terrain, painting, converting, scratch building, battle reports. It all goes here!
    Project Exodus: A sci-fi boardgame for teaching 180 students for a week.

where do we go to pay Gary! I don't use facebook so Is there a proper crowdfunding page or website?

Thanks

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jackyboy View Post
      where do we go to pay Gary! I don't use facebook so Is there a proper crowdfunding page or website?

Thanks

Jack
      Nope. It's all done by trust and through Pyapl. You pay for a product, so you'll have Paypals money back guarantee. Go drop Gary a line on his email:

biggazrobertson [at] ymail [dot) com

And that's a y, not a g. Thought it was a mistake at first myself.

My sci-fi blog: Deadzone project - terrain, painting, converting, scratch building, battle reports. It all goes here!

Comment

More stuff
        Showing some of the stuff Gary has shown me. He's still working on the designs. Payment is through Paypal, so money if covered by Paypals buyers protection. If anyone is a bit on the fence about this kind of crowdfunding.

This Prison Tower is 10, I'm getting one for The Walking Dead

Police station, first floor and roof are removeable. He plans on making a lot of building from the basis. Shops, homes etc.

Front of a barn. Will come with a fully detailed, removeable inside, loft etc.

Base for a combined gas station / diner kit. Will come with sign variables and removeable gas station part - so it can be a pure diner.

Comment

ok thanks I will email gary

Does he have a website of all his products?

Comment

Originally posted by jackyboy View Post
            ok thanks I will email gary

Does he have a website of all his products?
            I know he's currently working a combined website/store/blog of projects - to get away from using facebook.

Comment

I have received an email from Gary with pictures of all the terrain he makes. His work is very impressive!!!

I am going to get myself a couple of Zombieland pieces from him, namely the watchtower and diner

Thanks for posting this Bloodbeard am I glad I found him and not using facebook it is getting harder to keep in the loop with these things. I hope more people come away from using facebook (because it is a spying evil little *******) :lol:

Thanks again

Comment

Offer ends in 5,5 hours. So if you want to get some cool stuff to an excellent price, now is they time to jump in.

Garys stuff is normally prices just above TTCombat stuff, but with a 50% extra added it's in the really cheap end.

Thanks for letting me post and following the thread. It's been nice hacing a chance to help a good guy out.

Comment

Well I was in the middle of email negotiations with Gary so I hope I am in time to jump in on this great deal

Comment

Anyone heard how he is getting on? I am not a facebook / Social media user so may have missed an announcement or 2 on there????

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X