Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• politics or stupidity? or a question about the cost of delivery to the RF

I order a lot of things from the UK.
    And I use different stores that combine one thing: a reasonable shipping cost.
    Already more than five years, I'm fond of games from "MG". And the first time the cost of delivery from their site was also acceptable. But I do not like the last tendencies.
    Not only that the delivery to the Russian Federation is unreasonably expensive, so even in the latest Kickstarter direct text says that the RF will not be delivered.
    Question to the staff of MG - What the hell is going on?!
    Bla-bla-bla!

some shipping costs are just prohibitive, also some mail services are very risky and the manufacturer bears the risk as they don't want to get a bad name for non-delivery.

Comment

Nope man.
      There is something else. I ordered lots of stuff from UK. My friends buy goods, from this little island too. There 0000000.1% of risks.
      And like i said before Lots of English and Ireland traders give normal delivery prices.
      Or you think they want to get a bad name for non-delivery?

I am enraged by the fact that I can not order goods from the MG website that I want and at a reasonable price for delivery.

Our community, at one time, wanted to buy pre-order GCPS Mule Formation, but because of the price of delivery we decided to refuse them. Generally discard. Some people now want to start a "Firefight", and then the "Warpath", but I'm afraid with such prices we better start other skirmish games.

Bla-bla-bla!

Comment

I just checked on the Mantic site for shipping costs.

http://www.manticgames.com/shipping-rates.html

Russia is on the list of countries where items are shipped by courier. In the same price band are three EU states (and a British Overseas Territory ^__^).

Originally posted by Ice Raul View Post
        Nope man.
        There is something else. I ordered lots of stuff from UK. My friends buy goods, from this little island too.
        I suspect it is more to do with the postal service at the destination rather than anything else.
        Last edited by Ultravanillasmurf; 16-05-2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Just had a look at the website of the privatised company formerly known as the Post Office.

Above two kilogrammes post to Russia (value 50) has to go by courier, prices range from 39 to 74.

Comment

Good.

I do not need a courier. I need the usual and not expensive delivery, which other merchants of the United Kingdom provide me.
            Try to order a mule to the Russian Federation.
            There are less than two kilograms.

MG were so muddy not always. And ordering the goods from their site from 2012, and there were no such problems with a large shipping cost, Problems were with the Mantic Games in the line-up of orders (if the guys want proof I can pick up the mail from the 12th year) My first order, they just forgot to send.. The delivery from their site was a little more expensive than with the same ebay, but not so much that would pay attention to it.
            Bla-bla-bla!

Comment

It might be that since 2012 they have had a lot of packages to Russia (and other countries on the list) go missing in transit and so to cut the cost of having to send replacements they changed to a traceable shipping method.
              That's just a guess though, I doubt it has anything to do with politics but can seem like stupidity as we don't know the reasons for the change.

Comment

The truth is somewhere near.
                But I'll draw your attention to that for all these years working with suppliers from England, Scotland and Ireland, all sent parcels came to me.
                Our mail is not to blame. I order every month.
                Bla-bla-bla!

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel000 View Post
                  It might be that since 2012 they have had a lot of packages to Russia (and other countries on the list) go missing in transit and so to cut the cost of having to send replacements they changed to a traceable shipping method.
                  That's just a guess though, I doubt it has anything to do with politics but can seem like stupidity as we don't know the reasons for the change.
                  this, our local pastal service is so bad you almost always have the package go missing and the replacement arrives, only for the original package to arrive a year later.

Comment

Shall be interesting to see for an answer, from company officials.
                    But more interesting and excellent variant is to give some delivery options.
                    Bla-bla-bla!

Comment

yeah, i guess if MG said "we can courrier it, but if you want regular mail then you bear the risk" then at least they offer the option.

Comment

At least things work well from the other direction. I've received lots of things from Russia, a few from Poland, with no problem. One order from Zvezda went astray, and the replaced the entire order. Log time ago. The other Russian and Polish orders are more recent. The Russian Alternative, Artel, Scibor and Unnamed Miniatures.

Comment

Working...
                        X