Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mantic Q&A In the Ironwatch Magazine!

Hey Everyone!

Starting now, we are accepting questions for Mantic, and will be publishing the results in upcoming issues of the Ironwatch Magazine!

Please post your questions below, and we'll get them over to Mantic on the 15th of each month! Please keep questions polite and respectful!

Thanks!
    Last edited by darkPrince010; 26-02-2017, 12:08 AM.
    The Ironwatch Magazine

My personal blog

Great!

To repeat myself from a old thread:

While browsing the KoW store I've noticed a clear lack of pictures showing what exactly the product are. Having pictures of painted models is all well and good since it's often easier to get a feel of the models from painted models rather than unpainted.

However; it's always nice to also be able to look at the unpainted sprues and other bits that actually make up the product. For example, just seeing a ranked up regiment don't make it clear how many duplicate bodies there are.

More problematic; for some product some components are not shown at all (or even mentioned in the text!). The skeleton regiment contain a skeletal dog but the dog isn't shown anywhere in the pictures. (although it's mentioned in text)
    http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-sh...ures.html#tab1

The Abyssal Decimators are described as armed with Thunderpipe blunderbusses, which is what the models seems armed with in the pictures.
    http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/abyssal-dwarfs.html
    A single customer review on the now unavailable regiment bundle however, mentioned that they also include parts to be armed with rifles or crossbows. If that is true than this really should be mentioned, since it makes the kit have extra value. Since there is no photos of the components I cannot know if the claim is true or not.

Personally I always like seeing exactly what I'm buying before throwing my money down. I imagine Mantic has lost more than a few sales from people that wanted that as well and didn't feel like wasting time trawling google hoping to find some blurry pic on a plog showing what the kit actually contain.

TL;DR:
    Why not have pictures of the sprues and actual components included in all kits? I realize that it's a lot of photos to take, but surely this should be relatively easy compared to photographing painted models. Especially since all the lighting and stuff needs to be set up now and then to take photos of new releases. Surely, it would be very little extra work to take some extra pictures of components while taking pics of painted newly released models?
    Last edited by Zywus; 20-02-2017, 08:42 PM.
    So long and thanks for all the Brains - My undead painting log on the Mantic forum

Zywus' log of random KoW stuff

Comment

Thanks for the question Zywus!

Also, to anyone wondering, we won't unfortunately be able to have Q&A in March's issue, but please get any questions you may have in by the 15th so we can make sure they get over to Mantic in a timely fashion!
      The Ironwatch Magazine

My personal blog

Comment

Are there any plans to replace the metal/plastic hybrid kits by restic/plastic or resin/plastic kits?

What is planned for Warpath/Warpath: FireFight in 2017 after the KS stuff hits retail? (hard to get people into it without information about the games future)

Comment

Apologies, all; I dropped the ball on getting these questions to Mantic by the 15th, so rather than rush them for answers and leave questions unaddressed I'll save them for the set of question submissions next issue instead.

Again, my apologies about this, but please keep the questions coming!
          The Ironwatch Magazine

My personal blog

Comment

Other than the Landing Pad, Ruins and some of the accessory sets, all of the Sci-Fi Battlezone kits are out of stock at the webstore and are starting to get hard to get a hold of in retail. Is there an ETA on a restock of the Sci-Fi Battlezones line?

Comment

Cutting off questions here for the month. Hopefully we'll have some good answers for you to enjoy in the next Ironwatch issue!
              The Ironwatch Magazine

My personal blog

Comment

Reminder everyone to please submit your questions for Mantic ASAP! We're extending the deadline until next Monday, so please ask away!
                The Ironwatch Magazine

My personal blog

Comment

Any updates on the in house resin? Date for when they go up for preorder? What molds are moving to resin? I would be all on for some resin Earth Elementals.

Comment

And to elaborate on the above, specifically when do we get the new resin Drakons!

Daniel.
                    Click here for Oh FourFootSnake... A KoW Podcast by myself, Jon, Nick and Matt.

Click here for the free KoW (V2) Rules, FAQ's and Errata.

Comment

I'm up for resin Naiad Wyrm Riders and Molochs. And eventually Tyrants and Rhinosaurs.

Comment

Cutting off questions here for the month. Hopefully we'll have some good answers for you to enjoy in the next Ironwatch issue!
                        The Ironwatch Magazine

My personal blog

Comment

Awesome. Keep up the good work.
                          So long and thanks for all the Brains - My undead painting log on the Mantic forum

Zywus' log of random KoW stuff

Comment

Working...
                          X