No announcement yet.

UK Clash of Kings 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if it's fine to leave a car overnight at Firestorm Games? Ideally I'd like to be able to drive it the next day, so would want it to still have all its wheels.
    KoW: Twilight Kin

Chesterfield Open Gaming Society: http://www.c-o-g-s.org.uk

Comment

Hi there, I have a few questions.

Are the new magic items and spells going to be used at Clash of Kings 2017?

Also, how many spaces are left?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

The ticket page links to the tournament pack, which is basically a copy of CoK, so yes, new spells and items are used.

Comment

Originally posted by Cragsider View Post
          Does anyone know if it's fine to leave a car overnight at Firestorm Games? Ideally I'd like to be able to drive it the next day, so would want it to still have all its wheels.
          A mate did it before a few years ago with no issue [other than getting very drunk, locking the keys in the car and spend the second day of the tournie either chucking up in a bucket or asleep - not massively helpful in a team event!]

Comment

Originally posted by Sceleris View Post

A mate did it before a few years ago with no issue [other than getting very drunk, locking the keys in the car and spend the second day of the tournie either chucking up in a bucket or asleep - not massively helpful in a team event!]
            Thanks,

I've booked us into the Park Inn North, so will need to drive out to there anyway, but if I have any energy left might be heading back into town for a drink or 6.

Comment

We've hit 70 players now.

Daniel.
              Click here for Oh FourFootSnake... A KoW Podcast by myself, Jon, Nick and Matt.

Click here for the free KoW (V2) Rules, FAQ's and Errata.

Comment

Originally posted by Darklord View Post
                We've hit 70 players now.

Daniel.
                Very
                Nice!

Comment

It's now up to 82 players, with just over 2 months to go!

Daniel.

Comment

Will there be any entrants list? I know of a couple already who will not be able to attend even though they have tickets. Would be nice to get a system going so these know where they can "sign off" again so at least their spots can be sold to someone else if it fills up.

Comment

Mantic have never provided one in the past. I agree though it would be good.

Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Darklord View Post
                        Mantic have never provided one in the past. I agree though it would be good.

Daniel.
                        Yeah it would be good.... It would show they actually listen the feedback from 2016
                        https://www.mantic.club/forum/mantic...eedback-thread

Whoever Mantic get to be TOs on the day (staff/volunteers) for this years should really refresh their memory for all the points raised from 2016. Yes its a new venue but issues like terrain placement & community engagement/hype are all valid.

If Mantic cant be bothered to hype the event (in ways suggested by EdZig & Lordy) perhaps they could hand this duty over to some community volunteers/Podcasters
                        An entrants list & 1st round draw being published would the main points here.
                        Last edited by frosty; 27-08-2017, 12:20 PM.
                        Play KoW in Oxford, UK @ http://www.OxfordGamingClub.co.uk

Comment

Just to check - there's no requirement to submit a list in advance, simply hand one in on registration?

Comment

Hmm 22 days till THE biggest event in the UK Kings of War Calendar... like mentioned before this is the Christmas day for KoW players
                            WHERE IS THE HYPE!

This is all we are getting so far....

This thread/facebook/Mantics website/Social media should be BUZZING right now

C'mon people (& Mantic) we can ,we MUST do better....

The Edge of the Abyss Campaign is over now... lets get focused on Clash of Kings 2017!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by frosty; 07-10-2017, 11:35 PM.
                            Play KoW in Oxford, UK @ http://www.OxfordGamingClub.co.uk

Comment

frosty I have made a private event where we can trashtalk freely (and not have everyone you know see your posts on the Public page) - send me a message and I can add you on facebook, then you can invite others into it that you know are going

Comment

Originally posted by Sceleris View Post
                                Just to check - there's no requirement to submit a list in advance, simply hand one in on registration?
                                Correct.

Daniel.

Comment

Working...
                                X