[SUGGESTION] Terrain Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SUGGESTION] Terrain Suggestions

Just finished reading the rules, and excited to get my first game in. As someone who is definitely going to go all out on terrain (multi-level ruins, precipitous bridges, etc), there are a couple suggestions I have.

1. Make a rule for ladders. Currently, stairs don't impede movement at all, and climbing a vertical surface counts as vertical difficult terrain (halve movement). I like both of these rules. I would suggest adding one where ladders count as vertical open terrain (count vertical inches, but no half movement penalty).

2. Make a horizontal jumping rule for clearing chasms, or jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Back in the old Necromunda, I remember that a model could jump D6 inches, and if they failed the jump, they counted as falling. I like the random distance to make jumping risky, so maybe we need something similar. Perhaps models roll a D8 for each point of movement they have, and every 5+ gets you an inch of clearance.

Good call on this. I too have terrain from lowly dungeons to multi level ruins with bridges. I had just assumed ladders equal stairs. But yes any jumping rules seem to be missing. Jumping across to another platform needs some outline for handling.

Comment

I like the idea of having a ladder or something written into the rules for moving vertically a bit faster, and some jumping rules sound like a good idea.

Comment

I'll look at adding a line about ladders.

re: jumping, how about something like: a model can jump gaps up to half their Sp value in inches but must make a test against their Sp to do so. Roll a D8 and you need to roll equal or under the Sp value (1 is always a fail and 8 always a pass). Fail and you fall.

Does that work?

"It's going to be like loading a bucket of sick into a rapid-firing bazooka"

Comment

Originally posted by mattjgilbert View Post
          I'll look at adding a line about ladders.

re: jumping, how about something like: a model can jump gaps up to half their Sp value in inches but must make a test against their Sp to do so. Roll a D8 and you need to roll equal or under the Sp value (1 is always a fail and 8 always a pass). Fail and you fall.

Does that work?
          I really like it, nice and simple.

Comment

I've added both these to the book
            "It's going to be like loading a bucket of sick into a rapid-firing bazooka"

Comment

Working...
            X