Clear All

• Hi guys!

Here is the link to my first game in 2018:

Game 74 - Kingdoms of Men - 2018/01/12

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Cornwall
    Swordsmaster could try taking less units

Comment

• Congrats. What do you view as the main purpose of your palace guard?

Comment

• Hi Rakkoon !

Palace Guard units have many roles to play and I don't think there is one they are assigned more often than not. It can be that they need to take care of the loot and do not engage the enemy at all. They can form rear guard to intercept fliers. They may form second wave of the attacks (see new report link below) or may be the first to fight, in particular against other infantry units.

They are very reliable thanks to their Elite status and Crushing Strength(1), also when fighting in the terrain.

And here is the link to the report from the most recent game vs Glen and his Romans:

Game 75 - Romans - 2018/01/14

Thanks for reading!

Comment

• That is a wonderful Roman army. Wasn't he in awe of your many troops? Congrats on the win and having the thread back :-)
          I need more games to fully appreciate the different scenario's myself but it's fun to watch you guys play.

Comment

• Rakkoon

It is, indeed, a very well painted Roman army! Glen and I played against each other once before so I think he already knew what to expect. However, this time I played more aggressively and that worked!

Cheers!

Comment

• Hello!

Here is the link to the most recent report from the game against Christo and his Abyssal Dwarfs. Scenario: Control.

Game 76 - Abyssal Dwarfs - 2018/01/21

Many thanks to Christo for a great game!

Comment

• Hi guys,

Here is the link to the introduction to the set of reports from my games at Clash of Kings Australia 2018:

Clash of Kings Australia 2018 - Introduction

Thanks for reading!

Comment

• Beautiful armies and looks like a great event!

Comment

• Originally posted by Swordmaster of Hoeth View Post
                    Hi guys,

Here is the link to the introduction to the set of reports from my games at Clash of Kings Australia 2018:

Clash of Kings Australia 2018 - Introduction

Thanks for reading!
                    so looking forward to read the reports!
                    Tales of a Stranded Ghekkotah - Salamander Battle Reports

Odes and Sonnets from an outcast Troubadour - Brotherhood Battle Reports

KoW Painting Blog

Comment

• Hi guys!

Sorry for delay, here is the battle report from the first game of Clash of Kings Australia 2018. Grudge match against Ken and his Varangur in Scourge. Many thanks to Ken for a great game!

Game 77 - Varangur - 2018/02/09

Cheers!
                      Last edited by Swordmaster of Hoeth; 09-02-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Ouch! That was painful. I look forward to the Outcasts picking themselves up and restoring their pride and honour in the next battle!

Comment

• Well, congratulations on keeping your head to focus on the scenario and cling on for a draw, even after the heavy losses on turn three. It's very interesting to see your opponent play that list so cautiously, counter to the aggressive tactics it seems to favour, but he certainly seems to get it to work. Most times I've played against similar lists they play a lot more aggressively, and that tends to be how they lose, when they expose themselves to a counterattack and lose more units than they can afford. His cannier approach feels like a better use of the lists speed and hitting power, while also taking account of its fragility.

Comment

• Edzig

Great to know you are alive!

Greybeard

Thanks! Ken explained that sometimes this is what he does to lure the enemies out of their entrenched positions. In this case, he could afford staying back a bit and let the wizards do the damage as well as both fliers to mess up my plans. He was kind enough to add some more feedback and with his permission, here it is:

Certainly enjoyed our third game, despite the lack of sleep and maybe one too many beers. Your typical game style is always so well thought out, and your tactics elegant, vs my hammer in the face approach, and we’ve both spent a year or two finding and tuning the army build we like, so know how to use it vs a wide variety of armies, in a plethora of scenarios and terrrain, so should always be a good match up
                            -
                            From my side of the table, the plan was simple, it had to be with so few drops and a thumping headache, let the enemy worry about getting the tokens, then I go take their toys off them
                            -
                            Thus, the cavalry were to sit in terrain and see what happens, they’ll happily counter charge anyone, delete the unit, move forward out of the terrain on reform, then free to charge. The whizzy wiz bangs will happily electrocute and BBQ anyone they can, all day long. Herja, may she Rest In Peace, can disrupt enemy movement and plans very well. And Fluffy, well just take her off the leash and away she goes, a little puppy full of life, bouncing around the field playing fetch
                            -
                            So, the battle starts and I was surprised you formed up en masse in front of me again (similar to our last battle), in the multiple waves of units, in basically a tight block. This formation, and the terrain, I feel hindered the whole theme of your army, your shooting effectiveness is reduced, and your elegant fast movement capability is diminished. I’ve seen many of your battle reports, where you spread out your army, and your movement is graceful, you gain flanks so easily, and just out-manoeuvre your foe, so this was a strange choice to me. But fluffy and friends will happily go face to face, so I was delighted you didn’t spread out, also saved me thinking how to contain your usual outflanking shenanigans
                            -
                            Then you hit so fast, I understand why you decided not to be over cautious this time, as it cost you last time. However, such a fast full on frontal assault to Sons in terrain, with MSU Elves, seemed somewhat rash to me, and, I have to say, I really didn’t expect that Fluffy would be let loose on the flank again, she’s so devastating once through
                            -
                            I think the deployment and rushed attack were the two big mistakes, taking away your armies main strengths, and trying to do something that your army is not designed to do, against an army that is built for that purpose. The other little mistakes would have been forgiving if not for these two imo. This meant that Fluffy and friends could purely smash, and not worry about fancy dancing around the field, so could keep their tutus in packs
                            -
                            I was slow on the aggression, by a turn I reckon, I miscalculated just how many units there are to get through. Herja again, was off form based on the last years performance, maybe she knew Mantic was deleting her and was sulking. So the best I could manage was a draw, which turned out to be the theme of my whole day, 12/8 draws needing turn 7s, damn beer lol, luckily I learnt my lesson, had a quiet night and day 2 was much better results lol

Comment

• Lots of things to remember, tactics and countertactics. Rivetting stuff.

Comment

• Hello,

Here is the link to the most recent report from the game 2 of Australian Clash of Kings 2018.

Game 78 - Elves - 2018/02/14

Many thanks to Mark for a game and congratulations for a well deserved victory!

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Working...
                                X