'Barbarian'style army - model ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Barbarian'style army - model ideas

Looking at doing a barbarian-esq style Varangur list.

Narrowing it down to frostgrave barbarians for normal troops; warlord cro-magnons (and some of their warhounds) for night raiders (no idea if they are actually any good in game?); Fireforge Russians for the more elite stuff and kit bash mongol cav for horse raiders ; leftover riders to be added to the 40k space Wolf things (or, use some spare 4ground Celtic chariots?) as direfangs; basic celts/gauls/vikings as thralls; lotr warriors of the dead as fallen.

Some nice Troll Outpost trolll, d&d displacer beasts as devourers, a druid and sacrifice as Magus conclave and an old mounted chaos marauder as a skald.

All I need to find is a mounted wizard - shamen/druid (even centaur?). The GW Amber wizard might work but no idea how easy to get hold of.

Not entirely sure that it's a workable list as yet (no chimera/herja!) but it's ticked boxes on stuff I i) like the idea of ii) like the models for.

About GW, note that there is 2 different models : one in finecast on foot, and one in plastic in the imperial griffon kit (it's one of the riders) => https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US...perial-Griffon

As the griffon kit comes with another rider (Karl Frantz or a generic imperial hero), you might be able to find the amber wizard in bitz stores or on ebay, and then you will just need a mount

Comment

Ta - forgot the version that came with the monstrosity that was the ott Griffin kit. Will browse eBay.

Comment

Comment

​​​​​​

Here's what I've cobbled together so far.

Comment

Comment

​​​​​​

Night raiders troops and troll horde.

Comment

Night raiders look great. I like the idea of war hounds.
                To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught,then the pact is to avenge!

Comment

Working...
                X