Casket of the Damned + Elite?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casket of the Damned + Elite?

QQ - are CotD dice affected by a caster's Elite re-roll?

My reading reading of the rules would be that they are not as the dice "count towards the total Surge result." (emphasis mine); as they count towards the result they are not actually added to the caster's pool of dice, per se, and so do not benefit from his re-rolls.

Happy to be told that is wrong though

You are over-reading, yes elite would count. The dice are added to the spell, if the caster has elite he uses it on spell dice.

Comment

Hmmm... 25 points for Blessing of The Gods is rather spendy though, I feel like the extra dice from the Grimoir might be a better use. Then again it would help out other spells you might be casting like Heal or that Vicious Fireball option.

it's an interesting idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Carcearion View Post
        Hmmm... 25 points for Blessing of The Gods is rather spendy though, I feel like the extra dice from the Grimoir might be a better use. Then again it would help out other spells you might be casting like Heal or that Vicious Fireball option.

it's an interesting idea.
        This is getting off of the Rules Forum territory, but I tried it once and enjoyed it. Taking Elite is less about getting a big surge as it is about not completely flubbing a critical surge. It's really more ideal when that CHP has other spells too (like fireball to be elite and vicious), but that gets pretty pricey.

Comment

Working...
        X