No announcement yet.

Well of Souls+Archfiend Combo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using the Archfiend + Well of Souls combo - specifically Well of Souls + Ba'El. Honestly? I think it's overrated. Sure, it's nice to grab the 5 damage off the Archfiend, but it's limited by the amount of damage on the Well and by having to be there at the start of the turn. If you keep the two grouped together that close you end up with your Inspiring coverage condensed in one spot. Add on to this that the Well can't move At THe Double and its melee stats are... not fantastic.. and I just don't see where the fear comes from. In honesty after running it a fair few times, I'd much rather just take two Archfiends instead. They're nearly as survivable (more IMO due to the extra manoeuvrability), don't have to be kept together for maximum benefit, more manoeuvrable and are much more potent in combat.

If you're going up against the combo, ask yourself whether you'd rather face the Well plus Archfiend, or two Archfiends. I'd be much more scared of two Archfiends myself.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bag View Post
      Ridiculouse?
      Ha, no, I see it spelled "rediculous" often though. I cringed just typing that.

Comment

When I started my Abyssal army I bought some low cost Reaper Bones fire demons from e-bay, so I had three Archfiends - which, in a 2,000 point army, is greeniculous. I never even considered a Well of Souls. Now that you have mentioned it, I might give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Daedle View Post
          If you're going up against the combo, ask yourself whether you'd rather face the Well plus Archfiend, or two Archfiends. I'd be much more scared of two Archfiends myself.
          ^So much this (having played against a flying circus).
          Hobby Blog!
          Painting & Modelling Blog!
          Gallery

Comment

I played against a 3 flying beast list recently, ergh... thank goodnes for goblin individual superiority.

it verges on redecelese, its alot of flying to deal with.
            Last edited by The_Bag; 07-08-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daedle View Post
              i mean... why choose? its like 700 pts for 2 archies and the well.

Comment

Daniel King -

He makes a really good point about armies that lack a big heavy hitter. I hope it gets amended in the future edition or through additional units. At some point, the big points investment doesn't really work as a down-side when they can do so much on the table. And if you have an army that doesn't have one, you wind up feeling like you're at bat with wood while everyone else has aluminium (that's a yank analogy. I don't know one from your "football" that would work). Something to think about. The armies really aren't all balanced. CoK helped a lot, but...

Comment

I played 3 flying archfiends and a well of souls in a 3000 point battle on Wednesday. It was great fun, but that was a lot of points (940 including extra LB) for units that didn't do that much in the game. (I lost to dwarves, but it was close) The unit of the match was probably the Succubai for me, and, of course, the brock riders for the dwarves.

Comment

Working...
                  X