Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this look like its ok? I have all the models so why not right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this look like its ok? I have all the models so why not right?

Mounted general with chant of hate
    Shieldwall Horde with healing brew
    Pike Horde
    2 arquenusiers hordes
    4 mounted troops with carbines
    Beast of war
    Standard with diadem
    standard with lute
    wizard with inspiring and lightning bolt
    2 ballistas

I am paranoid about people flying over me and hordes take time to kill. Kind of not having any direct in your face killy stuff but seems like it would be a hard army to table at least right?

Thanks elves done so want to start on the next one.

Main thing I'd worry about is the points spent on the two static, 24" shooting hordes. Easily disrupted and may only get one round of shooting in.

You mention that you are "paranoid about people flying over me" but not sure with that list how you counter it? Do you stick the shooting hordes right at the back?

Might look to do something with the points from one Arquebusier horde - run a regiment and use the remaining points to upgrade the pikes to heavy pike, get Jar only remaining horde.

Vicious on the general is probably overkill - giving him the mace of crushing will probably have a similar amount of Re-rolls and save 20 points.

The BSB with diadem could benefit from a horse

Comment

A good way to combat things flying over is a smattering of foot heroes. They're pretty decent, cheap and the individual will help if they do fly over the line. At 50pts a pop, it's a great deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc rot View Post
        A good way to combat things flying over is a smattering of foot heroes. They're pretty decent, cheap and the individual will help if they do fly over the line. At 50pts a pop, it's a great deterrent.
        if you put them on horses they cover a lot more ground, then really only 2 are needed. plus the KoM mounted hero is really good. then you could also drop the 2 banners.

Agree on the drop a horde to a regiment and add the jar, i like it. i'd go so far as to drop a horde for 2 troops.

with 3 sources of (very) inspiring, the wiz probably doesn't need it.

maybe give the pike horde an upgrade, , maybe brew of courage, or maybe brew of str, yeah, brew of strength, or elite, or vicious...

Comment

Heroes don't inspire Bagster, only the Generals. Agree on the horses though it can push up the cost.

Comment

If you're afraid of fliers; put in the following counters:

a1) 2 heroes on horses. One with the blade of slashing; other with mace of crushing. 150 points and your pretty well set.
            b2) get some more breath weapon. I'd go for an allied tortured souls regiment + efreet, but as your other army is Elves, I'd go for an elven Dragon Breath. You just need a regiment to unlock them, I'd go for either palace guard or archers. Maybe even upgrade this regiment to a horde to support a mounted elven king (inspire + hero) instead of one of the KoM heroes. (Horde archers + dragon breath + mounted king = 480 points)

then some general advice:
            b) 4 sources of inspiring is -i think- too much. I'd drop the mounted general. (use the model as one of the mounted heroes) as this is the most expensive option. Other option: instead of 2 mounted heroes, just take one in addition to the general. Then you can drop the army standard with the lute (instead give bane chant to the wizard)
            c) 2 hordes of arquebussiers are too much. Actually, I'd say that every arquebussier is one too many, as they are way overpriced for what they do. If you want them, however, take one with the jar of the four winds and leave the other out.
            d) the mounted scouts are decent chaff + a bit of damage. It's up to you if 4 is too many.
            e) I'd say you might need some more melee power. 2 non CS hordes + a war beast is I think not enough. I'm a fan of troops of polearms, berserkers or foot guard with great weapons, but you need quite a few to be effective. Alternatives are knights, generals on winged beasts and mounted sergeants. (the latter are much better than you'd think)
            f) Human wizards are great! 50 points for just LB(3), 70 with inspire and 85 with inspire/BC, they are great. I tend to find a spot for a 2nd (sometimes on a peg) and sometimes a 3rd. Great chaff removal!

Comment

3 wizards is a right laugh. Especially when you move them around in a gang and hide in trees etc. Just blasting away. ****es people right off

Comment

Thanks so much. I just do not have any knights. Was thinking taking pike, mounted scouts, muskets and Elf allies with drakons I dunno

Comment

Changed it up to something crazy!

General on winged beast with chant of hate
                  Pike Horde
                  Arqu Horde
                  3 troops pistol scouts on horse
                  3 troops carbine mounted scouts on horse
                  2 mounted sarg regiments
                  2 mounted standard bearers
                  Beast of war

arqu has the dwarven ale.

Figure just run around shoot my ass off without getting caught. plus prob not have to worry about the lone flying horde with this. Seems like it would be a pain to fight against lol

Brad

Comment

Looks suitably annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Bradsterius View Post
                      Changed it up to something crazy!

General on winged beast with chant of hate
                      Pike Horde
                      Arqu Horde
                      3 troops pistol scouts on horse
                      3 troops carbine mounted scouts on horse
                      2 mounted sarg regiments
                      2 mounted standard bearers
                      Beast of war

arqu has the dwarven ale.

Figure just run around shoot my ass off without getting caught. plus prob not have to worry about the lone flying horde with this. Seems like it would be a pain to fight against lol

Brad
                      Do test out this list, I'm curious how things work out. I'm usually having trouble placing more than a duo of troops of light cavalry out of charge lanes, but maybe you have more skill than I do.

another option: instead of chant of hate try out the blood of the old king. Usually a general on wined beast has one ore two charges that matter (the rear charge against a horde comes to mind), those benefit greatly from elite + vicious at cheaper than the chant of hate.

I'd also try to find room for a mounted hero or two and a few wizards, maybe at the cost or one ore two troops of cavalry. They bring the best disruption and chip damage that will help you out in this kind of army.

Comment

Try it out and see what happens.

The two hordes look possible vulnerable as the sole static parts of the army.

May lack a bit of punch unless you start getting flank/rears - although the list does have the speed to do it

Comment

Thanks for advice almost all primed. I feel like i need 2400 points lol. I like the idea of the hordes in the center with mountes on flanks and beast of war and general on the one with the pistols. The other will just skirmish and cover the hordes. Punch in this list comes from getting flanks if possible. I dunno will probably take about 4 rounds of shooting to wittle anybody down enough but seems like might be good for a couple of the scenarios. I tried to not design this around kill.

Comment

The other option(depending on the scenario) could be to anchor one flank with the hordes and giving free rein to the cav/flyer over the rest of the battlefield.

I've had reasonable success with a 'refused centre' plan in some games with masses of stuff on either flank - which become hard to shift. I've plenty of chaff drops that go down early, leaving hordes/heavy hitters for the flanks. Your troops could fill a similar role.

Comment

I had really good success witg 2 units of silverbreeze. Of course less is more with them. I should of made all crabines but in a way the pistols will keep me range concious but three together would be good against a single enemy horde flyer etc. I like the refuse flank but the sargeants hit pretty good 28 attacks on a flabk so hopefully they can be given oppirtunities. Im now thinking add a couple cannons and a couple units of militia chaff dropping 3 pustol scouts. 6 scouts maybe a bit too much and running kom without arty seems like a missed oppirtunity.

Comment

Working...
                              X