Old sculpts / Metal models

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old sculpts / Metal models

I got back into Wargaming and KOW specifically just a while ago and am still busy collecting my first army, so I am quite the newbie.

What I noticed is that there are several prictures of quite awesome out of print models floating around.
    The awesome old Metal Elf Stormwind Cavalry, that whole King's court, that male Mage model and the Mage on horse, for example.

I quite like the current Mantic range, but find it rather difficult to find character/hero models from another range that match the size. (Reaper models are almost all way too big and look weird next to Mantic Elf regiments, GW is even worse ;-) )Some of those older Mantic models would be perfect for that, but they are so hard to find.

Well I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a chance of any of those older (metal) models ever making a return? Or are they lost forever and can only picked up by chance and/or for horrid prices on Ebay occasionally? Or are there any news of new models coming up that my fill some of those gaps?

P.S. Hope that wasn't a too noob question for my very first post!
    Last edited by Mikez; 14-11-2017, 08:45 PM.

You could always contact Mantic to see if they have any left in the warehouse.
    I did that to get some of the unreleased Deadzone models from the first kickstarter.

Comment

Hadn't thought about that! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikez View Post
        but find it rather difficult to find character/hero models from another range that match the size.
        Have a look at GW LotR models, they can often be found very cheaply second hand and are a similar size

Comment

Originally posted by Mango View Post

Have a look at GW LotR models, they can often be found very cheaply second hand and are a similar size
          I've seen those, but didn't like them that well sadly. Also they are freaking expensive. The only ones I would have considered would be the Mirkwood Rangers as KOW Elf Scouts, ... but 80$ for a box of 10 Plastic Minis yeah sure! LOL. And they don't fit the theme of my army all that well either, so nope.

Still thanks for the suggestion though, i'm sure they work for some people.

Maybe if we bug Mantic enough they'll eventually make proper Elf scouts with Cloaks and Hoods. :-)

Comment

Reaper metal models fit the same size, for the most part.
            My fiction in Ironwatch Magazine, among others.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes View Post
              Reaper metal models fit the same size, for the most part.
              Yup Reaper makes some (very few sadly) models that fit well with Kings of War. Sadly most models that I have tried have way oversized heads next to Mantic Elves and/or are still too large in general. Out of about 2 dozen I tried I ended up using only 3 and one of them is a Dragon.

Those do fit perfectly though yes! Especially the Dragon with an old Mantic Stormwind Elf as a rider. :-)
              Last edited by Mikez; Today, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X