No announcement yet.

Any information on when CoK2 will drop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway back to the topic, seems like it's gonna be a Mega COK release judging from all the balancing, new formations and units and even items revealed so far.

Comment

Buff to TC being floated around. Being hindered removes -1TC instead of removing it entirely. What do you guys think? i feel its a subtle but effective buff to both TC and Phalanx..

Comment

Originally posted by Gaddy View Post
        Buff to TC being floated around. Being hindered removes -1TC instead of removing it entirely. What do you guys think? i feel its a subtle but effective buff to both TC and Phalanx..
        What is the buff to phalanx?
        To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught,then the pact is to avenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood axe View Post

What is the buff to phalanx?
          Buffing TC means Phalanx stripping it is stronger, naturally.

It sounds like a great minor tweak. Strong enough to be noticed, not strong enough to instantly shift the meta. It's a reason to trot out spears and cavalry again for testing, at the very least. Hoping it's an accurate rumor.

Comment

Well it seems the TC buff is a lot better than the Phalanx buff.
            To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught,then the pact is to avenge!

Comment

Well it seems the TC buff is a lot better than the Phalanx buff.
              Why? If TC is buffed, the ability to negate it is proportionally buffed, in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkymadigan View Post

Why? If TC is buffed, the ability to negate it is proportionally buffed, in my eyes.
                Because one is only defensive with much lower movement. TC is good in more situations than Phalanx. TC is good when attacking everyone, except Phalanx. Phalanx is only good against TC. Since cav has a higher movement and can possibly hit flanks/sides rendering Phalanx useless, it is easily the clear winner, especially if terrain will now have a lesser effect.

Comment

Because one is only defensive with much lower movement. TC is good in more situations than Phalanx. TC is good when attacking everyone, except Phalanx. Phalanx is only good against TC. Since cav has a higher movement and can possibly hit flanks/sides rendering Phalanx useless, it is easily the clear winner, especially if terrain will now have a lesser effect.
                  Sure, but Phalanx has only ever been good against TC.

I see the point re: terrain, it used to be a Phalanx unit next to terrain on one flank meant a good stable block against TC. But the game is always about jostling for position, so I think the ultimate point is: Cav sees more play, and in response, Phalanx sees more play to negate some of the Cav. I think it's a gentle tweak, I don't know if it is strong enough to make everyone go nuts over Cav instantly, but I think it will increase the number of people willing to field some Cav.

Maybe Phalanx units will gain a -1TC on the side? Who knows. It's just a rumor anyway as far as I can tell (though popular, and seems to be well liked).

Comment

I can see more units taking helm of the ram if the rumour is true. Esp on TC2 units to ensure they get - 2 to defense even if they are hindered. Phalanx units might be used more often to counter such units. There's also a rumour about nimble units not losing TC on the charge too but it might be too powerful.

Comment

I suspect Phalanx will get the KoW Historical buff and gain +1 CS against anything taller than it, also I wouldn’t be surprised if Thunderous no longer dropped off at all on a hindered charge (but still took the normal -1 to hit penalty of course).

I think both these changes could work out, gives Phalanx hordes some more offensive specialization against the none-infantry things that are dominating the Meta right now and the bigger increase Thunderous also makes Phalanx more attractive.

Comment

That would really help against the LI / LC current meta to an extent. I don't think its a good idea to not reduce TC at all. -1 TC is still fine for being hindered. Well only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaddy View Post
                          That would really help against the LI / LC current meta to an extent. I don't think its a good idea to not reduce TC at all. -1 TC is still fine for being hindered. Well only time will tell.
                          but thats a nerf to orcs and lizards, seeing as the cr1 is a built in feature of these guys, and supposedly that's what makes them good.
                          Phallanx should strip all TC, hindered charges should strip 1 TC maybe?

Last edited by The_Bag; 15-12-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

CS for Manders and Orcs is more for the grind than the initial hit. After all it will still work against phalanx

Comment

Just to stress everything being thrown out here are wild guesses and not actual leaks or inside info ... be patient the information will come out in due time.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorgrim View Post
                                Just to stress everything being thrown out here are wild guesses and not actual leaks or inside info ... be patient the information will come out in due time.
                                People are just excited Thorgrim, but your right no one should take this information seriously.

The RC did such a good job with the first CoK.. sure they crush this one also. ...Excited also by them
                                Last edited by Desert Fox; Yesterday, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X