No announcement yet.

What do you want from KoW Vanguard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might ends being different, but my understanding is that the plan was for a game with a similar philosophy as Deadzone, meaning small teams with individual models, and a campaing/XP system.

The theme might be more open than the city fights of mordheim, but not exclude them, after all a small battle between scouts in a forest or near a farm might already have a lot of terrain to make things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by jtrowell View Post
      It might ends being different, but my understanding is that the plan was for a game with a similar philosophy as Deadzone, meaning small teams with individual models, and a campaing/XP system.

The theme might be more open than the city fights of mordheim, but not exclude them, after all a small battle between scouts in a forest or near a farm might already have a lot of terrain to make things interesting.
      That sounds pretty solid.

Comment

Damn you for tempting me with other games to play... I already suffer from severe Gamers ADD and this suggestion has made me seriously consider getting the Frostgrave rulebook.

Seriously though, thanks.

Comment

Hmm now i wish I was more familiar with dead zone.

Comment

So, is this being developed as we speak? does anyone have any info on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
              I'm dying for a decent Mordheimish skirmish game... for my friends that find KoW too daunting (they don't want paint an entire army). I'd like to see warbands stay around 12-15 max, with a not too complicated rule set. When might we see Vanguard hit the tables?
              Same here. I'd go for a Mordheim type game.
              To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught,then the pact is to avenge!

Comment

Being developed as we speak Vincent . There are hints and sneaks mentioned on the Mantic blog and community posts occasionally. I also believe it was mentioned that it may even be playable or playtesting going on at Mantic HQ on some of the #ManticMonday sessions.

Comment

This is great!

If ever you reach out to us for play testing, I'd be happy to participate.

Comment

Originally posted by TarcMaylor View Post
                    Personally, I direly miss Mordheim. If they could just... recreate that game, but in Mantica, I would love them forever for it. So like 40/60 split between roaming warband-scale RPG and skirmish tabeltop wargame would be swell.
                    Quoted for goodness. I cannot wait for Vanguard!

Comment

Any news on this? This needs to be out ASAP, before GW decide to re-issue Mordheim.

Comment

Originally posted by dimonju View Post
                        Any news on this? This needs to be out ASAP, before GW decide to re-issue Mordheim.
                        Yeah I've felt like GW has been gaining a little ground back latly with Necromunda's resurrection.

Comment

Something Vanguard this way comes...

...for those of you not on facebook

Comment

Yay something!

"Soon" is pretty vague though :P

Comment

Originally posted by jtrowell View Post

I hope so, I don't want a Mordheim clone, we already have Mordheim so we don't need it. It's quite more interesting an open skirmish game.

Comment

Originally posted by TortugaDuende View Post

I hope so, I don't want a Mordheim clone, we already have Mordheim so we don't need it. It's quite more interesting an open skirmish game.
                                Really? Where is it? Where is a Mordheim set you can buy now?
                                I wouldnt want an exact replica, but I'd like to see something similar in style. City fight, small war bands. Skirmish could be fun, but how different would that be from a regular small KoW game, like 500 points?
                                To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught,then the pact is to avenge!

Comment

Working...
                                X