KoW Combat Simulator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KoW Combat Simulator

I've taken it upon myself to develop a KoW combat simulator - it's currently in active development so it may be broken and isn't by no where near complete!

http://kow-foundry.com/combat/

Any feedback is welcome - just bear in mind that there are a few things like the unit presents that haven't been done (yet!)!
    Last edited by ftyross; 24-04-2017, 10:52 AM.
    Ratkin, Abyssal Dwarves & Forces of the Abyss.

Great job!, this is an awesome tool!

Comment

Great tool thanks.

Thunderous Charge seems to be missing
      Check out the FIELDS OF BLOOD Kings of War Wargaming Blog

Comment

Nice one; love the blood! I'll look forward to seeing this develop.

Comment

Very cool, thank you for your work.

Comment

Yeah Thunderous Charge needs adding I'm as does hindered charges etc but that is planned!

Comment

That's a very nice little program!

I think you should change the term "Damage" into "Defence" or "Defence value" or people might confuse it with melee.

Would it be possible to add a feature where you let the program calculate a large number of combats and tell how many times each side won?
              So long and thanks for all the Brains - My undead painting log on the Mantic forum

Zywus' log of random KoW stuff

Comment

I have updated a few things such as the ranged combat animation.

I think you should change the term "Damage" into "Defence" or "Defence value" or people might confuse it with melee.
                I will do that next time I work on it.

Would it be possible to add a feature where you let the program calculate a large number of combats and tell how many times each side won?
                That was part of the plan

Comment

This is really cool. Nice one.

Comment

Awesome work man!

Looking forward to see more changes, soecially Thunderous charge.

THANKS!
                    Tales of a Stranded Ghekkotah

KoW Painting Blog

Comment

Typo: "Presets" listed as "Use Presents"

Comment

A couple of bits of criticism-Firstly, I found it difficult to work out whether the waver and rout values were the values for the unit, or the values they would need. Also, turn numbers would be a good addition, since how long a combat lasts is actually quite important in game terms but isn't clear in this case. In particular, a combat that's likely to drag out longer than two turns tends to default to 'until the game ends, or one side brings in reinforcements'.

Comment

Just updated it with a raft of improvements, including the requested Thunderous Charge. Also included some of the missing special rules and whether the initial charge is hindered or not.

You can also choose to have it run the combat 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500 or even 1,000 times and generate stats so you can get a better picture of how 2 units rack up against each other. I will look at improving the stats generated though in the next few updates so if you guys (or gals) want to see a specific statistic (or set of stats!), then please say so!

{quote}Typo: "Presets" listed as "Use Presents"{quote}
                          Fixed.

{quote}A couple of bits of criticism-Firstly, I found it difficult to work out whether the waver and rout values were the values for the unit, or the values they would need. Also, turn numbers would be a good addition, since how long a combat lasts is actually quite important in game terms but isn't clear in this case. In particular, a combat that's likely to drag out longer than two turns tends to default to 'until the game ends, or one side brings in reinforcements'.
                          {quote}
                          Yeah I admit that area could use some improvements! It will be included in the next update.

Just a FYI, I have a list of stuff on my to do list here:
                          http://kow.techniconica.com/todo.txt

Comment

Good work so far. Stats I'd like to see:

Number and percent of times unit 1/ unit 2 won.
                            Number and percent of times won on first charge.
                            Number and percent of times combat lasted 1/2/3/4/5/6/7+ turns.
                            Average length of battle when unit 1/2 won.

I'm also wondering why the number of times wavered isn't given by unit.

Comment

I'm also wondering why the number of times wavered isn't given by unit.
                              ​​​​​​It was just one of the first ones I implemented before I went the way I went with how it handles Stat collection - I will separate them out in the next update and provide more reporting on a battle by battle basis.

I will also look at including some graphs and the like.
                              Last edited by ftyross; 16-03-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X