Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings of War Map Pack

Hello,
    I made these maps for KoW. Originally I made them for my local KoW gaming group, but thought that I would share them here for anyone to use (if anyone wish to).

Let me first explain the philosophy of the map layout. Our gaming group has three "rules" for the battlefield:

1. Two of each terrain piece (2 impassable, 2 forests, 2 obstacles, 2 hills, 2 difficult)
    2. Include obstacles!
    3. No hills in the deployment zones EVER!

In our gaming club we use the following terrain pieces to represent these maps:

Impassable: a roundish house and an oval shaped rock
    Forest: 2 roundish forests
    Obstacles: either fence or wall
    Hills: Oval shaped hills played as height 2
    Difficult: A square-ish wheat field (either height 1 or 0) and a roundish pond (height 0)

NEW! I made a Map Pack Randomizer for those that can't decide on which map to play: www.epicdwarf.com
    Randomizer now optimized for mobile devices.

Follow this link for a pdf version with all 20 maps compiled.

Edit: for the same maps made for UB ( by Swordmaster of Hoeth ) follow this link.

Important! Please read this article by Daedle for a RC comment on map packs and how to use them. Important!

*Outdated* For a pdf version of the original 12 maps (made by Trulseren ) follow this link. *Outdated*

Last edited by epicdwarf; 28-04-2017, 07:19 AM.

These look cool cheers. Something I've never worked out, do height 1 difficult terrain like wheat fields typically give cover to the unit that's in them?

Comment

As spoken on Twitter I really like these, apart from the **** map 2
      ​Swordie is making them up on UB which will be super sweet.

Comment

These are Great !!!! I LOVE NO HILLS IN DEPLOYMENT ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by G.G. View Post
          These look cool cheers. Something I've never worked out, do height 1 difficult terrain like wheat fields typically give cover to the unit that's in them?
          As far as I know all difficult terrain give cover to the unit that stands within it. Given that the side that is being shot at is within the border of the terrain.

Originally posted by Lordy View Post
          I dare you to try Map 2. It is mindblowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordy View Post
            Post the links when they're up on UB, please? I'd like to grab them to play around with as well.
            To Paint list- KoM- Heavy Pike Block regiment, Mounted Sergeants
            Abyssals- Gargoyles, Hellhounds, Efreet, Temptress, Chroneas, Lower Abyssal horde, Fleshling horde

Comment

Originally posted by G.G. View Post
              Absolutely. Being 'in' the terrain is what does it. You can take cover behind Height 0 units (it's probably better to think of them as being Height 1/2).

Comment

Hi guys,

I have just finished making the maps but I am currently having a problem with uploading them. Has anybody tried that before?

I am following the instructions on UB, get to the point where it asks for the name and tags but when I click "OK" nothing happens. And when I checked nothing was added to the maps archive either.

Thanks for your help in advance!
                Originally posted by Cornwall
                Swordsmaster could try taking less units

Comment

Just add a dropbox file for people to download manually if you can't get it working, looking forward to playing on these
                  ​Printed these off at work last night so I'll set some tables up and take some pics.
                  Last edited by Lordy; 04-05-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

We tried out Map #1 today. Nice amount of terrain but not too much. I look forward to trying out more. Two thumbs up!!!

Comment

Lordy

It seems I would need to purchase an account for dropbox first? As I don't plan to use it that much I would prefer to avoid it. Are there any other ways I can share these maps?

Comment

Dropbox is free unless you go over 1GB of stored data.

Daniel.
                        Click here for Oh FourFootSnake... A KoW Podcast by myself, Jon, Nick and Matt.

Click here for the free KoW (V2) Rules, FAQ's and Errata.

Comment

Darklord

Thanks! I think I was checking the business account

Here is the link to the folder with map files. Please, let me know if you can download them:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j8xdi3bm4...a3noqan0a?dl=0

I used "bushes" to indicate crop field. Please, let me know if there is something I would need to correct.

Many thanks to epicdwarf for the design!

Comment

Honored that my terrain maps were mentioned (and praised) on Counter Charge ep.73 and is now the standard maps for Kings of War GT at NashCon. I do of course encourage everyone to use these maps. Not only because I designed them, but also because I have had a lot of fun playing with these terrain layouts and feel that the concept behind the layout encourage balanced lists. Try for yourselves and let me know what you think! And thanks to those that have already tested these maps and given feedback here. Greatly appreciated!

Swordmaster Thanks for getting these up on UB! Next tine in the gym before we work on our amazing muscles; I will oil YOU up for a change.

EpicDwarf

Comment

I've played about 10 games now using these maps in preparation for Nashcon. I've never been a fan of pre made maps. In fact I never saw the point in them, but I do like these a lot.
                              Lots of terrain without making it too crowded. Makes setup easier, and even my opponents have liked the maps. I plan to keep using them even after Nashcon. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X