Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Edition Abyssals - What would you like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Edition Abyssals - What would you like to see?

I'm an Abyssal player, and very happy with it. It has its drawbacks, but it can also be very powerful.

With that said, there are always room for improvement and new units for when a new edition comes out.

1) Surge: Abyssals is the only army having Shambling units without Surge. A while ago, somewhere I read that this rule might have been forgotten from the Temptress. I would suggest it will be re-introduced, especially now that the Temptress will see less usage due to the much cheaper Harbringer + Lute (bane chant) combo.

2) New unit type A: Currently there are no Large Cavalry, I was thinking something in the line of Abyssal Grotesques

3) New unit type B: Currently there are no war machines, I have in mind some infernal weird machine...plenty of ideas here

4) New unit type C: Currently there is only 1 Monster (excluding heroes): Chroneas.. which is also limited to [1]. I would think there should be more monsters climbing from the Abyss. Maybe a fast fighting monster or a slow but tough monster.

5) Maybe a chariot mount for the Abyssal Temptress or Champion?

What do you think?
    Last edited by dimonju; 11-06-2017, 02:26 PM.

Large cavalry, a mammoth sized monster and a generic spellcaster would be my top 3 picks. I know that an expansion with new units is planned for later in the year but have no idea what we'll see.

Comment

It was a design choice to keep Abyssals surgeless .

We did however submit a new monster concept for the sourcebook. No idea if Mantic will approve it or not though, so don't get your hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by dimonju View Post
        I'm an Abyssal player, and very happy with it. It has its drawbacks, but it can also be very powerful.

4) New unit type C: Currently there is only 1 Monster (excluding heroes): Chroneas.. which is also limited to [1]. I would think there should be more monsters climbing from the Abyss. Maybe a fast fighting monster or a slow but tough monster.

What do you think?
        #4 I espeically would like to second, their is a need for more and different kinds of monsters in the list I think. Maybe a new variety of large infantry as well?

Most of all I'd like to see a infantry version of the Efreet (the flame bearers are a long way off)- something with the same speed, pathfinder, and a bunch of fireball.

Comment

The argument is always that surge would be too powerful with tortued souls. That was before the flyers nerf. With the flyer nerf firmly in place, there is no reason the abyss shouldn't have surge. The only long range shooting the abyss has is lightning, so this and a war engine choice should be addressed. The monster is another issue. I personally argued in support of Chroneas being a 1 only, originally you could take more. He was just too good to allow that.
          Jonathan Faulkes: "Using tictacs is cheating"
          Koltoroc: "so in short, you cheat. how DARE you use your brain."
          Undead Army painting progress: 178 models/118 assembled/23 painted.

Comment

I understand that Chroneas maybe was too powerful pre-CoK rules. However using the same argument of the flyer-nerf, breath weapons were also nerfed due to taking cover into account.

Comment

Originally posted by dimonju View Post
              (....)

1) Surge: Abyssals is the only army having Shambling units without Surge. A while ago, somewhere I read that this rule might have been forgotten from the Temptress. I would suggest it will be re-introduced, especially now that the Temptress will see less usage due to the much cheaper Harbringer + Lute (bane chant) combo.

What do you think?
              Tortured souls are already quite powerful (bordering into OP territory), so combined with surge they become too good. That said, if you want flying surgers, ally in a regiment of wraiths + mounted lich king.

Comment

Working...
              X