MSU Elf List idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU Elf List idea

Ok so reading Swordmaster's blog and researching into MSU more I may give it another try.

My mistakes that I have made in the first 4 games that i have played seem to be that I do not have reserves and try to fight the whole board. I also am very bad about handling the enemy when he outnumbers me and is going full throttle towards me and if I charge first I will not stop his whole line and die, and if I let them charge me I will die so trying to come up with the answer MSU might be my answer.

The list
    Regiment of archers - shoot then chaff
    Regiment of archers - shoot then chaff
    Regiment of tall spears
    Regiment of tall spears
    Troop of Hunters - 20 attacks
    BSB with Diadem of dragon
    Mage with fire ball
    2 troops of Stormwind
    2 regiments of Drakons
    Dragon Kindred lord
    2 bolt shooters

I pretty much looked at the list Swordmaster has been using for awhile and since I do not have chariots or silverbreeze just tweaked it with what I had available. I could lose the dragon and get a drakon lord saving 150 points to use for more things but I need ideas. So far The dragon when I use it without other fliers in my list usually seems easy to counter with multiple units and I have not been able to find a way to get it behind enemy lines yet. Still learning the game and probably trying to rely more on lists than tactics still. But the above seems like it would be fun to play regardless.

What do you guys think and how would you tweak it? I have 20 gladestalker models and a regiment of palace guard I am not using to play with, I could come up with a mounted hero and another hero i think also out of my bits.

Thanks
    Brad

Originally posted by Bradsterius View Post

I do not have reserves and try to fight the whole board.
    I also am very bad about handling the enemy when he outnumbers me and is going full throttle towards me and if I charge first I will not stop his whole line and die, and if I let them charge me I will die
    i think you see your problem, you're fighting on their terms not yours. your strength as an elf is maneuverability. and concentrated hitting power. Its not your list.

You don't have the reserves, you don't have the numbers, focus on areas you want to smash and break through there, isolate, destroy, move on. don't try fight the whole board. rememebr a larger force has diffuculty bringing these forces to bear on your tiny army. try use terrain to funnel the enemy.

Comment

when I fight against elves I love seeing a long line across the table, nice and thinly spread, then i know the boyz are just going to romp right through. but when i see 2 or 3 clusters, then i have to think a bit.

Comment

Well in 4 games I have been thinly spread and I have only won 1 haha. Reading the Swordmasters blog I like how he has his deployment and I like the idea of maybe shooting with archers then moving them up to bait charges and swinging out my stuff to threaten flanks and counter charge. I had to put it on the table last night and try some things out too get the idea. My initial idea was in spreading out thin I would also spread the enemy out which it did, but well I neglected to take into account being outnumbered and not being able to concentrate to destroy a part of it

Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X