Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone try Elementals without the Stone Priest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try Elementals without the Stone Priest?

Anyone try Elementals without a Stone Priest? Maybe a stupid question, but thought Id ask.
    To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught,then the pact is to avenge!

I've played against several opponents who have tried out this option and I'm sorry to report it didn't work well for them against either my artillery heavy chaos dwarves or all melee beastmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Carcearion View Post
      I've played against several opponents who have tried out this option and I'm sorry to report it didn't work well for them against either my artillery heavy chaos dwarves or all melee beastmen.
      I figured as much. I just dislike the Stone Priest tax. Oh well.
      To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught,then the pact is to avenge!

Comment

I run a greater elemental all the time without the stone priest. Never regretted not having surge shenanigans.

Comment

Depends on what you are planning on using - if you just want a rock hard (pun intended) unit to sit in the middle of your line then both horde and greater versions are decent. Both are better with the addition of a stone priest (& bc!) but the extra 120ish points are proud.

[Horde, greater and bane chant priest makes a nice allied group for 2000pt games]

Comment

The bane-chant is a big part of what I think makes a stone priest work well.

Comment

Originally posted by Carcearion View Post
              The bane-chant is a big part of what I think makes a stone priest work well.
              Bane chant 2 doesn't sound so great.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood axe View Post

Bane chant 2 doesn't sound so great.
                You rarely find many casters with better than bc2 - and you've aren't really going to be using it on shooting units.

Comment

Working...
                X