No announcement yet.

Using Julius

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Julius

I'm thinking about using the Father of Dragons and Mother of Phoenixes. Won my last game by a lot so I can afford to get fluffy.

The mother is like a kitted-out Phoenix, her job is to heal, combo fireball and inspire. Together with a wizard with amulet, we're talking about 10 lightning bolts.

Julius...I don't know. I'm not worried about losing but not sure what his job is. He will rout immediately, has no ranged attacks and not that many melee attacks. What is his role?

Why will he "rout immediately"? He's -/16 with de6 so you've got to chuck a fair amount of attacks at him to even get a chance at getting rid of him, even before his inspiring reroll?

8 attacks on 3+ (with elite if you are running the pair) is nothing to be sniffed at, especially given these will double/treble if you get the charge right.

Would/do you ever use the Ur-Elohi? Julius is simply a better one of those.

I used an ur-elohi once and put him on his own in the middle of a forest. This went as well as could be expected :P
      So he's a flank charger or a warmachine hunter?

Warmachine hunter/character hunter/shooting disrupter

Shooting disrupter against shooting hordes?
          Sounds like an expensive Ur-Elohi after all.
          Going to field him just for giggles...NOT ON HIS OWN IN A FOREST.
          Thanks mates.

He's also good combining his charge with something else. While he wont do a lot of wounds they will be reliable and can mean the difference between nothing and a route.

Combo charge remains extremely potent. I found the same goes for magic. Fireball 10 is not bad but two or three magic users targetting the same unit? GOLD.

I kind of felt the same way looking at these two, I liked Sacras but wasnít a big fan of Julius (also the two of them combined are mightily expensive!).

Iím really curious to know if the two of them function well despite their point sink.

They'll need to stay back somewhat so that I can heal him. She's ubermage so needs to stay back anyway. Combining them with a mage with lightning bolt and amulet so that's 10 zaps with piercing and 20 without. Looking forward to that.

Feedback after the game
                    - Dude can take punishment, add a Phoenix with healing and he can go all night
                    - He doesn't have that many attacks so frontal against mummies is not smart
                    - He hurts uberwizards and kills warmachines
                    - It hurts when he loses his Elite rule

All in all, I'm much better in using him than his other half. Was fun.