Horde of Paladin knights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horde of Paladin knights

A horde of Paladin knights hits on a 2+. If I give them the Chant of Hate, they can reroll all ones.
    Are there any drawbacks to this wonderful-on-paper build?
    I should mind my flanks, some Panther Lancers might take care of that....

Originally posted by Rakkoon View Post
    I should mind my flanks, some Panther Lancers might take care of that....
    a horde of paladin knights has the same footprint as a horde of orcs, so i wouldn't worry too much.

Comment

A horde of Paladin knights hits on a 2+.
      Paladin Knights are melee 3?

Elliot M

"There you go again, cheating by using the rules correctly!"

Comment

But with thunderous charge (when not charging a Phalanx) so that sounds sweet to my inexperienced ears.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrumpyTroll View Post

Paladin Knights are melee 3?
          think he means wound on 2+, contextually chant of hate afects wounding so.. yeah

Comment

But with thunderous charge (when not charging a Phalanx) so that sounds sweet to my inexperienced ears.
            Dear rakkoon
            so paladins hit on 3s, they then wound with TC2, ie +2 to wound, not 2+ to wound.

on a fast bigfoot unit like that i would reccomend the potion of the caterpillar.

Comment

Aha, that is an important difference...I knew it sounded too good to be true.
              Mind you, it is my opponent's first game too, so I would have gotten away with it
              Looking at Caterpillar and other options...

Comment

I'm considering running a horde in an upcoming tournament. Give it pathfinder and keep a source of bane chant nearby.

Comment

Which source do you recommend?

Comment

Which source do you recommend?
                    A mounted priest or bearer of the holy icon with the lute of insatiable darkness, depending on points.

Comment

Lute of...cool name. Is that in the standard 2nd edition book?

Comment

I would imagine the potion of the catepillar would be more useful than something like chant of hate.

A horde of these getting to use their TC will hit like a brick even without any items boosting them further, so in many instances such items would be overkill,

With their massive footprint though it'll often be hard to get a unhindered charge off without some help from the potion.
                        So long and thanks for all the Brains - My undead painting log on the Mantic forum

Zywus' log of random KoW stuff

Comment

Against an inexperienced player they can be good as they do have the ability to hit hard. Against experienced/good players knight hordes are not very successful. Huge footprint, easy to chaff up and keep out of games. I do think that Basilean knight hordes are better than others because of the easy and points efficient presence of healing in the list that can keep them around longer. But it's still not something you really see in competitive lists.

Comment

Lute of...cool name. Is that in the standard 2nd edition book?
                            Its one of the Clash of Kings items.

Check out Easy Army

http://kow2.easyarmy.com/clash-of-kings.aspx

For knights in a grind (or simply that something quick will pretty much always strip TC before you use it) brew of strength is probably better.

Comment

Sorry for all the newbie questions but how can they strip thunderous charge?

Comment

Working...
                              X