Announcement

Collapse

FORUMS CLOSING

Hi everyone,

This is some advance warning that these forums will be closing shortly. The last day will be the 17th December 2018. We have noticed over the past couple of years that traffic on the forum and regular users have both decreased. As a result we’ve taken the difficult decision to close the forums. We’ll still be able to answer rules questions via social media and we’ll produce articles on the Mantic Blog too.

Many thanks to all of you for your contributions and conversations on the pages here. Special thanks are extended to the moderators who have kept things ticking over for us in the background.

If there is any content you wish to keep, please download and save it before the final closing date.
See more
See less

Future starter and booster sets.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future starter and booster sets.

First Dwarfs, Goblins then Undead. Will each new release get a starter set and a booster?

Looking at warbands and existing lines I'd say Abyssal Dwarfs, Kingdom of Dust, and Trident Realm could really use both the starter and the booster, because many of their units are metal or metal/plastic and in most need of an update.

For the Elves, Orcs and Ogres maybe just a booster with plastic sprues for the starter set bundled together.

Also, for fun, any speculation on if they will be existing heros/units or will some be brand new for Vangard?
    'Every one on this earth should believe, amid whatever madness or moral failure, that his life and temperament have some object on the earth. Every one on the earth should believe that he has something to give to the world which cannot otherwise be given.'
    ~G.K. Chesterton

I'm expecting a starter and booster as whe have gotten so far for all the factions that Mantic makes.

Comment

I expect there to be a mix of brand new units, and new sculpts for existing ones (much like the Dwarf resins).
      Mantic Pathfinder for SW Ohio (Dayton)
      Because it is all fun and games . . . http://untilsomebodylosesaneye.net

Comment

Puggimer, the problem with mixed old units for Kingdom of Dust and Abyssal Dwarves is their rank and file are metal/plastic hybrids. Wouldn't that preclude a starter set with all new goodies? I sure hope so. Those lines need it.
        'Every one on this earth should believe, amid whatever madness or moral failure, that his life and temperament have some object on the earth. Every one on the earth should believe that he has something to give to the world which cannot otherwise be given.'
        ~G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Unfortunately I don't expect to see any new HIPS models without another kickstarter. I see them more like what we have seen for the dwarves so far - a bunch of new resin models.
          Mantic Pathfinder for SW Ohio (Dayton)
          Because it is all fun and games . . . http://untilsomebodylosesaneye.net

Comment

Working...
          X