Announcement

Collapse

FORUMS CLOSING

Hi everyone,

This is some advance warning that these forums will be closing shortly. The last day will be the 17th December 2018. We have noticed over the past couple of years that traffic on the forum and regular users have both decreased. As a result we’ve taken the difficult decision to close the forums. We’ll still be able to answer rules questions via social media and we’ll produce articles on the Mantic Blog too.

Many thanks to all of you for your contributions and conversations on the pages here. Special thanks are extended to the moderators who have kept things ticking over for us in the background.

If there is any content you wish to keep, please download and save it before the final closing date.
See more
See less

Starting warbands updated (16/11) list of changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting warbands updated (16/11) list of changes

Hello everyone, i'm new and not a native english speaker,so bear with me!
    Today i noticed Mantic released, just a couple of days ago, a revised version of the free warband creation rules!
    Each race recived 1 or 2 new units, except for Goblins and the 4 races that already have "Vanguard specific" models.
    Now the number of units available for each race is:
    -Northern alliance 14 (if you have both boxes and the ice elemental, otherwise 8)
    -Basileans and Abyssals 14 (if you have both boxes, otherwise 8)
    -Nightstalkers 13 (if you have both boxes, otherwise 8)
    - Elves, Forces of nature, Ogres, The trident realm, Abyssal dwarfs, Empire of dust, Orcs, Undead 10
    -Dwarfs 9 (actually 14 with the resin kickstarter pack)
    -Goblins 8

What do you think about those new entries?
    I still have to play the game (and i will wait at least until June before i buy anything!), but i think i'll go with ogres, and seeing they recieved a more "tokenish" command option, althought kinda overpriced, and a very flexible warrior slot altought, again, kinda overpriced, pointed me towards them even more!
    Last edited by Scatamarano89; 20-11-2018, 09:55 PM.

Actually Dwarfs got 14 if you bought the resin pack in the KS.

I like the new entries. Yes the Ogre command is not so good.

I just see it like: Good to have something cheeper if I don't have the points for the big Commander.
    The same with Krudger and Krusher from the Orcs. Krusher is nice to have.

I only regred that I haven't bought the Dwarf resin pack

Comment

Thanks, edited the dwars entry!

Comment

Northern alliance also has 14 units
        Mantic Pathfinder for SW Ohio (Dayton)
        Because it is all fun and games . . . http://untilsomebodylosesaneye.net

Comment

I counted 13 from the basic + booster set, did i miss some kickstarter only units like for the dwarves?

Comment

You are probably missing the Ice Elemental - he won't be released to retail until sometime next year (and will be normal resin instead of the clear blue kickstarter version)

All the cards are:

Snow Troll Prime
            Ice Blade
            Thegn
            Ice Elemental
            Frostfang Cavalry
            Snow Troll
            Ice Queen
            Ice Kin Hunter
            Half-elf Berserker
            Huscarl
            Ice Naiad
            Elf Clansman
            Dwarf Clansman
            Human Clansman
            Mantic Pathfinder for SW Ohio (Dayton)
            Because it is all fun and games . . . http://untilsomebodylosesaneye.net

Comment

Thanks, between dwarfs, ice elementals, battle wizards, the 3 mercenaries and who knows what other models i'm starting to think i shoul have pledged the hell out of this game

Comment

Originally posted by puggimer View Post
                You are probably missing the Ice Elemental - he won't be released to retail until sometime next year (and will be normal resin instead of the clear blue kickstarter version)

All the cards are:

Snow Troll Prime
                Ice Blade
                Thegn
                Ice Elemental
                Frostfang Cavalry
                Snow Troll
                Ice Queen
                Ice Kin Hunter
                Half-elf Berserker
                Huscarl
                Ice Naiad
                Elf Clansman
                Dwarf Clansman
                Human Clansman
                Hello ,sorry for necro the post but as a new player where i can find the cards ? Any link please? can't find it

Comment

Working...
                X