No announcement yet.

Free rules are out, what do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free rules are out, what do you think?

As the title says.
    I can point to things I would have written or approached differently, but those are all matters of taste. Vanguard looks great!
    ​​​​​
    My biggest gripe is that I hate needing special dice to play a game.
    ​​​​

But I collect dice so that's not a real drawback

Comment

Honestly, I'm quite happy with them after the quick read through yesterday evening. They are very well written and seem quite clear, I'll wait for my Kickstarter Stuff and will be playing as soon as possible.
      Espacially the Baggage Train scenario looks very promising. I like it when both players have different objectives to score.

Comment

So far I like the rules.

Canīt wait to get the full campaign and warband rules as the limited warband rules favour the undead a bit too much, imho.

Comment

I read the rules and watched some battle reports on Youtube. It looks fantastic. Initially when I first heard about Vanguard, it didn't sound exciting. After giving it a more thorough look, it has a lot of depth. The scenarios look fun, the faction specific rules look fun, and I like the magic. Also cool how the game designers "ported" things like headstrong and brutal to Vanguard where the mechanic is different but the overall feel is the same. Exploding 8s (natural 8s give you additional dice) were fun in the battle reports. Love the fact that Mantic puts out free rules so you can play without buying any of their stuff (you can use D8s and regular D6s if you really want to) so you can try before you buy. I will be buying a full Basilean war band though. The models look great. Nightstalkers look great too. Can't wait for the dwarves.

Comment

So far so good. I missed the KS. So its been youtube and read throughs. I plan on playing Neritican. Proxy the Naid Centurion model with a River guard captain model. six or so river guard, a thull wizard and a water elemental. Few points left for goods. Not competitive but thematic and fun for me. My disappointment is no skaven type race. Although I could use the goblin list and proxy skaven?
            IM the goblin king!

Comment

Ratkin will be along soon, word is that there will be a PDF for those armies.
              Mantic is prioritising the factions that they actually make models for and their own IP though.
              Last edited by DarkBlack; 15-10-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X