[DISCUSSION] Grunts and the Undead special rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a model is already knocked down they are auto-killed in Melee
    "It's going to be like loading a bucket of sick into a rapid-firing bazooka"

Comment

Originally posted by mattjgilbert View Post
      If a model is already knocked down they are auto-killed in Melee
      Right, I am just saying that the rules should explicitly say that. As of right now the rules say that you should treat grunts and knocked down characters the same, the Undead Army List then says undead grunts can be knocked down instead of dying. You and I know that there is an implied "Knocked down troops, however, are removed as normal" but I figure actually typing out that sentence will save at least one argument down the line as some confused player assumes that their knocked down wraith is able to survive an attack just because there is a necromancer within 6" of it.

Comment

OK I see. Thanks for pointing it out. I've updated my master sheet.

Comment

Matt, The Empire of Dust still list the old version of the rule.

In fact, looking at the point, it seems that they are theonly faction who has not been updated to the new system, their skeletons are still 3 points for example.

Also about the fact that you need to be in range of a command model now, does a command model affect himself ?

Comment

Looks like that file didn't get uploaded maybe. My master sheet has the new points.

I'm inclined to say the command model doesn't affect itself (you would need two to then influence the other). See what playtesting throws up and let me know.
            Last edited by mattjgilbert; 16-03-2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment

For information http://www.manticgames.com/games/kin...-vanguard.html still has the old version of the Empire of Dust list.

Comment

I think the command model should benefit from the rule (but then I also think a Necromancer shouldn't be quite so good in combat), because, with the way the rule has been changed, you still need to swarm rush the grunt shields around the necromancer (any decent undead player will keep a shield of grunts around the necro to support them)...but you only really need to knock them down, and can then move off to engage the necro (as while something that is knocked down is engaged, it is not counted as engaging the opponent, leaving them free to move away). By that point, you should have a sufficient numbers advantage against the Necromancer anyway that the rule isn't that important (and if not, I think taking a fatigue action to put an enemy command model out of action is a air compromise and price to pay anyway, especially when it will then break the warband.)

Just my take on it however.

Comment

Still no update to the Empire of Dust list on Mantic site ...

Comment

We have built a points calculator and are working on lots of changes. I'll get an update out when I can.

I'm off to China next week though so it might not be for a while.
                    Last edited by mattjgilbert; 10-04-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjgilbert View Post
                      We have built a points calculator and or working on lots of changes. I'll get an update out when I can.

I'm off to China next week though so it might not be for a while.
                      Cool, bring me back a Panda.

Comment

Bring me back some toys

Comment

Still no update to the Empire of Dust list, the pdf on mantic site is still the old one with the old points and rules ...

Comment

Working...
                          X