Announcement

Collapse

FORUMS CLOSING

Hi everyone,

This is some advance warning that these forums will be closing shortly. The last day will be the 17th December 2018. We have noticed over the past couple of years that traffic on the forum and regular users have both decreased. As a result we’ve taken the difficult decision to close the forums. We’ll still be able to answer rules questions via social media and we’ll produce articles on the Mantic Blog too.

Many thanks to all of you for your contributions and conversations on the pages here. Special thanks are extended to the moderators who have kept things ticking over for us in the background.

If there is any content you wish to keep, please download and save it before the final closing date.
See more
See less

Question about base size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about base size

Greetings Everyone

I got my hands on some old and new chaos warriors and wanted to create a Varangur army but sadly as most unit's i have don't realy fit on 20mm bases for 5x4 so i checked around to see what to do. I saw one persone talking about doing 4x3 rank but don't know if that would work with the rules, i also saw a persone talk about you don't have to have 20 figures in a 5x4 and that there is a minimum figure limit. What is the minimum figures in a 5x4 base?
    What advise can you give me to fit my figures as best as possible on 20mm 5x4

Thanks
    ps: English not first language

Since the game has no individual removal of models many players do diagrams basing. You can take a single 100x80mm base (for 20mm infantry units), and attach you units to that. The size of a unit’s footprint is set in stone, but you don’t have to have 20 models on that base. There is MMC (minimum model count), which means you only need 11 models on that base. So if you take that 100x80 base, arrange 11 models, maybe add other bits of scenery and things to fill the space and you are good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorgrim View Post
      Since the game has no individual removal of models many players do diagrams basing. You can take a single 100x80mm base (for 20mm infantry units), and attach you units to that. The size of a unit’s footprint is set in stone, but you don’t have to have 20 models on that base. There is MMC (minimum model count), which means you only need 11 models on that base. So if you take that 100x80 base, arrange 11 models, maybe add other bits of scenery and things to fill the space and you are good to go.
      Thanks for the clarifying, i were thinking on doing single base were not sure with the minimun figures.

Comment

Minimum miniature count is a limit to get authorozed to play in tournament. Unots with less model than that tend to hot heavier than it look likes ( and feel pretty empty ). The second limit is the recommended miniature count. It is a recommended number of miniature to put in a given unit. For infantry regiment it is 14. This limit indicate the number of miniature that fill properly a regiment base. These numbers are availables in the FAQ.
        Almost Daily Baldy Worded Hobby Progress.

Comment

Also, be aware that some of the Varangur are actually on 25*25 bases anyway. Check each unit's entry.

Comment

if you have to keep them on individual bases, then you need movement trays of the proper size. The unit footprint (i.e. 100mm x 80mm for a 5x4 20mm unit) is the key and is not variable.

Sons of Korgaan (i.e. chaos warriors) are on 25mm bases however, so they will be easier
            Mantic Pathfinder for SW Ohio (Dayton)
            Because it is all fun and games . . . http://untilsomebodylosesaneye.net

Comment

Working...
            X