Terrain Set-Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrain Set-Up

Can terrain be placed more than 12" back from the middle line? I ask because what stops someone from placing a bunch of height 4 hills 30" back and, placing a bunch of long range war engines on them? It seems terrain placement could be abused in some situations. Are the game rules designed specifically for a 6' by 4' table?

I think it is allowed. You have to roll off to see who gets what side so most people don't do that.
    We don't allow it nor do we roll off. Way too cumbersome to move the entire army from one end of the table to the other.

Comment

We get someone else to place terrain or build it so both sides agree. We very rarely have a hill in the deployment zone, but it can be done. Personally, I always play friendly games, and if someone who plays in tournaments sets up his scenery in practice games to his advantage, he will be in for a surprise when he gets to the actual tournament.

Comment

We tend to use the Epic Dwarf map packs for setting up terrain.

http://www.epicdwarf.com/randmap/randmap.php

Comment

The problem with this is that it just leads to an arms race. Both sides begin taking more and more shooting, and then it comes down to who gets first turn. Play that way a few times, and you'll never want to again.

Comment

Kings of War is designed to be played on 6*4 tables - smaller games can be played on 4*4. I think it's more common to increase the long side of the table, rather than the short for larger games. Games with bigger deployment zones tend to need more turns.

Check out "Game Scenarios - Choose a Gaming Area" pg 35 gamer's rulebook

Comment

The rules say to place terrain with your opponent or ask a third person.

There is no rule stopping you from placing advantageous terrain, but not knowing who gets to choose sides and getting your opponent to agree to play against you on that table keeps it check.

Comment

No need to ask to another thord person to setup the table.
                One of the thing the game theory easely prove is : in situation involving the sharing of any resource ( here the deployment area ) the only strategy allowing to get a fair distribution is to let one player deciding a split ( here the map setup ) and let the other decide which part he will get ( here deployment area ). Knowing the other will choose it's deployment area would lead to a fair setup as any advantage gave to a side would benefit to the other. Only works before list are showned in KoW.
                Almost Daily Baldy Worded Hobby Progress.

Comment

Working...
                X