Announcement

Collapse

FORUMS CLOSING

Hi everyone,

This is some advance warning that these forums will be closing shortly. The last day will be the 17th December 2018. We have noticed over the past couple of years that traffic on the forum and regular users have both decreased. As a result we’ve taken the difficult decision to close the forums. We’ll still be able to answer rules questions via social media and we’ll produce articles on the Mantic Blog too.

Many thanks to all of you for your contributions and conversations on the pages here. Special thanks are extended to the moderators who have kept things ticking over for us in the background.

If there is any content you wish to keep, please download and save it before the final closing date.
See more
See less

Krudger mounted with spells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krudger mounted with spells

I know the rule about you cant get neutral spells if the hero coudnt cast spells but

Whats the point for krudger on slasher? He cant get the goblins zap but, and that is the rule, but why he cannot get neutral?

Just a reflexion, not crying so..

I don't know what you are asking; are you asking why, thematically, a warlord shouldn't be able to cast spells, or why the rules prevent it (from a game design perspective), or how the rules prevent it (ie: you see that it can't happen on easyarmy but don't see why that is via the rules)?

Comment

1->then why krudger on foot can do it

2->why rules get out from slasher

Comment

1- The Krudger on foot has the option of having a goblin helper who casts spells for him, it's not that the Krudger is actually casting spells.
        2- I still don't understand what you are asking here, but let me try to answer anyway.
        The rules state that if the entry has optional spells of any sort, they can access the new spells (depending on their alignment, of course). Since the Krudges on Slasher is a separate entry, and it doesn't have the option of adding a goblin helper, it can't take spells, since the base entry does not have access to it. If you mean why they designed it that way, there could be a couple options, but I'll go with the most likely, which is that the Krudger on Slasher is a discounted flyer when given wings, compared to other dragon-type hero monster entries. Giving it access to spells as well might have been too good. Additionally, the extra spells were not envisioned at the time of the original entries being made, so it wasn't as though the original entry intentionally limited future access to spells, it was just a by-product of how the new spells were accessed when they were created.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkymadigan View Post
          1- The Krudger on foot has the option of having a goblin helper who casts spells for him, it's not that the Krudger is actually casting spells.
          2- I still don't understand what you are asking here, but let me try to answer anyway.
          The rules state that if the entry has optional spells of any sort, they can access the new spells (depending on their alignment, of course). Since the Krudges on Slasher is a separate entry, and it doesn't have the option of adding a goblin helper, it can't take spells, since the base entry does not have access to it. If you mean why they designed it that way, there could be a couple options, but I'll go with the most likely, which is that the Krudger on Slasher is a discounted flyer when given wings, compared to other dragon-type hero monster entries. Giving it access to spells as well might have been too good. Additionally, the extra spells were not envisioned at the time of the original entries being made, so it wasn't as though the original entry intentionally limited future access to spells, it was just a by-product of how the new spells were accessed when they were created.
          Nail on the head

Comment

Originally posted by pinkymadigan View Post
            It makes sense, DIndt thougt about that.

Comment

Working...
            X