Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surge + shooting/spells

Hi guys.

So I was looking at EoD and a thought occurred to me.

Lets say you have ranged enslaved guardians, can I, in theory fire their range weapons, and then surge them into combat and fight with them?

If this is legal, assuming I fired and surged into the same unit, does this cause 2 nerve checks? (assuming I did damage both times)

Kind regards

Oh wait, can answer part of my own question:
    "Nerve tests for any damage it might have taken previously in that Shoot phase."
    But I do believe they can still fight.

Comment

Yes you can do that.
      I believe it was only one nerve test...let's wait for someone smarter than me.

Comment

This question have already been answered multiple time. While I can't remember which rule point indicates it, it seem no waver test can occurs at the end of the range attack phase if the unit is engaged in melee (think it's part of the surge rule).

This also mean the unit do no test at all if you fail to inflict at least one damage.

One unit can only roll 2 nerve test after surviving a melee round, when another unit engage it by killing an individual and choosing to move forward into the wounded unit
        Almost Daily Baldy Worded Hobby Progress.

Comment

It is explicitly stated in the surge rules - if you sure something into combat the unit (if it had taken damage from shooting) doesn't take a nerve test at the end of the shooting phase.

You can still fight and roll any additional test at the end of combat as normal. You could theoretically overrun an individual into the combat after that - the last nerve test stands
          Last edited by Sceleris; 04-09-2018, 07:54 PM.

Comment

So, what happens if you shoot an enemy unit, then cast "Mind Fog" on it before surging a friendly unit into contact. Would there be a nerve test for mind fog (which is not damage), in spite of the surge?

I see the desire to prevent a unit from taking multiple nerve tests across a single turn, but the specific phrasing of surge suggests to me that non-damage sources for nerve tests should carry through. Is that accurate?

Comment

No ... if you surge into combat there is no nerve test in the shooting phase ...

Comment

Originally posted by Klarg1 View Post
                So, what happens if you shoot an enemy unit, then cast "Mind Fog" on it before surging a friendly unit into contact. Would there be a nerve test for mind fog (which is not damage), in spite of the surge?

I see the desire to prevent a unit from taking multiple nerve tests across a single turn, but the specific phrasing of surge suggests to me that non-damage sources for nerve tests should carry through. Is that accurate?
                Remember this, in the shooting phase nerves tested AT THE END OF THE PHASE. That rule exists for a reason. If a unit is in combat then it doesn't test nerve, simple.
                Tales of a Stranded Ghekkotah - Salamander Battle Reports

Odes and Sonnets from an outcast Troubadour - Brotherhood Battle Reports

KoW Painting Blog

Youtube Channel

Comment

Strictly speaking - it would seem that Mind Fog would still cause a nerve check. Surge is quite specific that it ignores nerve checks from damage - but Mind Fog is different since it causes no damage. I guess that's not the intention though.

Comment

Already ruled on:

https://www.mantic.club/forum/kings-...g-reload-surge

Comment

Originally posted by pinkymadigan View Post

Very nice. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X