Yet Another Charge Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Charge Question

This might be due to me being out of the loop for a while. I had the following situation in a UB Game yesterday, and I want to make sure I didn't screw my opponent over.

Imagine if you will -

A unit of brocks in the flank arc of a unit of Baselian cavalry. So, the Brocks are threatening their flank.

HOWEVER - the Brocks cannot see the flank because a forest is between them.

HOWEVER - the Brocks CAN see the front of the Basilean unit.

The Brocks have a charge, or the Brocks do not have a charge?

Yes, they can charge. Very common question tho.

Comment

I don't have the book in front of me, but I was under the understanding that you just needed to (a) have the unit (not just the flank) in your LoS and (b) have them be within charge range and (c) be able to get there with your number of pivots for the charge to happen.

So... yes, I believe that they should be able to charge.

Comment

Do the brock can see the unit : yes
        Do the enemy is in their frontal arc : yes
        Do the enemy nearest point is in charge range : yes

The charge is allowed, unless you fail to contact using your number of pivots.

They have to charge the face they are facing however, the flank here, taking the shortest possible path, which in your case is likely to go through a forest, resulting to an hindered charge.

Success charge would requiere to contact the flank itself, or any of it's corner.
        Last edited by AVL; 07-06-2018, 03:32 PM.
        Almost Daily Baldy Worded Hobby Progress.

Comment

You didn't screw me, the charge was fine. I didn't think you would be able to draw LOS to my unit without having to draw the line through your own unit (which isn't allowed anymore per the latest FAQ--so no 360 degree LOS). It was just dumb on my part although it was a close call. You could barely see the corner of my unit if I remember correctly.

The situation was really just a consequence of playing on UB where you don't have a laser to easily check those things and face-to-face communication to quickly verbalize your intention and obtain agreement.

Comment

Glad to hear it. I was worried. Which reminds me, I need to get a laser pointed for this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Montegue View Post
              Glad to hear it. I was worried. Which reminds me, I need to get a laser pointed for this weekend...
              I'll have an extra one on me if you need it.

Comment

Also your line of sight is drawn from the leaderpoint, and can be almost 180 degrees?

eg: a units flank is in my 45 arc, but i can't see that flank due to a forest. I can draw a line almost parallel to my front facing from my leader point to the front facing of the half hidden unit... legal?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bag View Post
                  Also your line of sight is drawn from the leaderpoint, and can be almost 180 degrees?

eg: a units flank is in my 45 arc, but i can't see that flank due to a forest. I can draw a line almost parallel to my front facing from my leader point to the front facing of the half hidden unit... legal?

Yes, that's right.

Comment

Thanks Fred, I thought as much but its nice to have confirmation.

Comment

Working...
                    X