Mind fog / Reload & Surge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind fog / Reload & Surge

Mind Fog [1] - 30" range. Instead of causing damage, if one or more hits are scored, the target must take a Nerve test at the end of the Shoot Phase.
    Reload! - The unit can fire only if it received a Halt order that turn.
    Surge (n) 12" Friendly unit with the Shambling special rule only. Hits don’t inflict damage. Instead, for every hit ‘inflicted’, the Shambling friendly unit moves straight forward a full inch [...]the charged unit will not take any Nerve tests for any damage it might have taken previously in that Shoot phase.[...]

Hello Guys,

I got some question with how Surge interact with certain other rules/spells:

Mind Fog + Surge : Since Mind Fog does not inflict damage, does that means that casting it onto a unit then using Surge to charge it, the charged/targeted unit will still have to pass a Nerve test at the end of shooting phase( due to the spell and not the damages) does it also take a nerve at the end of melee then?

Reload! + Surge : Since Surge is not a move order, can a unit with reload can be orered to halt, be surged during the shotting phase , and then shoot?

Thanks a lot for helping me understand this

Cheers

Jean

Originally posted by jwerk View Post
    Mind Fog [1] - 30" range. Instead of causing damage, if one or more hits are scored, the target must take a Nerve test at the end of the Shoot Phase.
    Reload! - The unit can fire only if it received a Halt order that turn.
    Surge (n) 12" Friendly unit with the Shambling special rule only. Hits don’t inflict damage. Instead, for every hit ‘inflicted’, the Shambling friendly unit moves straight forward a full inch [...]the charged unit will not take any Nerve tests for any damage it might have taken previously in that Shoot phase.[...]

Hello Guys,

I got some question with how Surge interact with certain other rules/spells:

Mind Fog + Surge : Since Mind Fog does not inflict damage, does that means that casting it onto a unit then using Surge to charge it, the charged/targeted unit will still have to pass a Nerve test at the end of shooting phase( due to the spell and not the damages) does it also take a nerve at the end of melee then?

Reload! + Surge : Since Surge is not a move order, can a unit with reload can be orered to halt, be surged during the shotting phase , and then shoot?

Thanks a lot for helping me understand this

Cheers

Jean
    Mind Fog + Surge: No nerve test is taken in the shoot phase if the unit has been charged with a surge as well. We may update the wording on Mind Fog in the future to say take a nerve test as if it had inflicted damage etc.

Reload! + Surge: Yup, you can still shoot . Have fun surging Balefires into firing arcs .

Comment

Just to clarify, if you are surging into combat then you have to shoot before being surged. If you are just surging forward for distance before shooting it doesn't matter. But that would work.

Comment

Working...
      X