Hype for KoW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vil le Môvé View Post
    And NO MANTIC ! Don't make another kickstarter !
    Why not, may I ask? They made me buy miniatures for the first time in twenty years with the Vanguard kickstarter

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkoon View Post

Why not, may I ask? They made me buy miniatures for the first time in twenty years with the Vanguard kickstarter
      I don't want to participate in kickstarter because what do you buy in it ?

Absolutly nothing except some image in 3D designed on autocad or some newer software.

Where is the pleasure to see compare and touch real models ?

It's only replaced by the possibility you have to wait nearly a year and be disappointed when you open your parcel...

So no, really no. I don't want to participate in kickstarter anymore.

But all of this is probably related to my age. ;-)
      Last edited by Vil le Môvé; 12-07-2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vil le Môvé View Post

I don't want to participate in kickstarter because what do you buy in it ?

Absolutly nothing except some image in 3D designed on autocad or some newer software.

Where is the pleasure to see compare and touch real models ?

It's only replaced by the possibility you have to wait nearly a year and be disappointed when you open your parcel...

So no, really no. I don't want to participate in kickstarter anymore.

But all of this is probably related to my age. ;-)
        Not participating is the same as it not happening. The product comes out at the same time, you pay retail prices, etc. If anything, not participating in a Kickstarter is better than one not happening because the up front funding allows it to happen with less risk to the company.

So if it is a Kickstarter, you can wait just the same as you would if there weren't one, see the final product like normal retail, and pay normal retail prices. No harm to you if they run one.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkymadigan View Post
          ...So if it is a Kickstarter, you can wait just the same as you would if there weren't one, see the final product like normal retail, and pay normal retail prices. No harm to you if they run one.
          I agree. I know there are some instances where one can get more for one's money, or has access to a limited edition of some sort, if one backs a crowdfunding campaign, but generally, crowdfunded products seem to become available on the mass market soon after being completed

Comment

Sooooooo many models.
            Is my first miniature kickstarter so I could still be naive...not young, just naive

Comment

I don't see a problem woth doing KS (and I won't get a credit card d just to be part of one) but with the rather quiet situation afterwards.

Would be a thing if there were announcements or anything to keep the hype outside the KS/Facebook bubble

Comment

Working...
              X