Swordmaster's Battle Reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Rakkoon ,

If I understood correctly, the idea is that after the initial attack the battle lines are intermixed and units are relatively close to each other. This is a very good situation for units with Shambling special rule, in particular Giants and Dragon as they have relatively small base size while at the same time their normal Speed is high. In such circumstances it is quite hard for the opponent to prevent the move of these units to your flank/rear and then, when they are ideally 1" away, cast Surge to get them into melee. With high number of attacks with Crushing Strength that are further multiplied by flank/rear bonus, such actions can destroy enemy units very fast.
    Originally posted by Cornwall
    Swordsmaster could try taking less units

Comment

• Sounds good. A shame I don't have shambling in any of the armies I'm playing at the moment but I'll try and remember this.

Comment

• Hello!

Here is the link to the most recent game vs Matt and his Brocks, Rocks and Glocks army in Ransack scenario. Many thanks to Matt for a great game!

Game 86 - Dwarfs - 2018/05/11

Thanks!

Comment

• Close call but your Lord died valiantly.
          I used one your tactics with my Undead btw and won. Keep on writing!

Comment

• Oof, the number of times your dudes - especially the Tooth Fairy - charged into D5-6 and did nothing was wince inducing O_O Did bane-chant not work, or your dice just couldn't crack those high rolls? To say nothing of the Prince not tripling against the Organ Gun ;P
            BLOODFIRE :: Salamander Battle Reports
            NURGLEKIN :: Ratkin Battle Reports
            INSTAGRAM :: boss_salvage

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys!

Rakkoon

He did indeed! He was performing heroic acts during the battle, often taking one for the team but this time it was too much even for him.

I am glad some of the ideas were useful for you, that is really great to know!

Boss Salvage

Well, I think it was only Tooth Fairy who missed with his attacks I think it is due to the fact I used the models without the Wings to represent the Prince I didn't mention the Chariots but they kept doing some damage to each other when fighting against the King. It was just never enough to rout the stubborn, grumpy Dwarf!

Cheers!

Comment

• Hello!

Here is the link to the battle report from the game against our current Australian Master, Jeff and his new Trident Realms army in Push scenario.

Game 87 - Tridnet Realms - 2018/05/27

Many thanks to Jeff for a fantastic game!

Comment

• That was a cracking game! As a Trident Realms player myself, I was interested by Jeff’s list. I don’t use Thuul myself - though I have been tempted since their buffs under CoK 2018 - and I rarely use Gigas either. I like the character of his army; there are so many units and attacks that it really feels like a horde of sea creatures coming out of the surf to attack!

Your report captured the excitement of the game very well, and your analysis of what you could have done better is spot on. You used your individuals very well to preserve your units from counter attacks. It seems you’re liking those Princes. I hope Jeff posts, as I’d be very interested to know what he was doing on the left. I can see how he wanted to take advantage of the chance to charge the Sea Guard turn 2, but was it deliberate or a mistake to let your Drakon Riders get round the flank so easily?

Comment

• Edzig

I knew you would be interested in that game I must say I kept comparing the lists that Jeff and you use all the time. I think it is a great sign when you have such different approaches to the army from the same faction. Very good for diversity and definitely promotes variety in the game!

Jeff does not post here but if he writes a bit more elsewhere I will definitely paste it here. I don't think it was a mistake on his part to allow me to land the Drakons on the left flank like that. My guess is he accepted that, kept his Mythican ready to intercept and Gigas to finish the job. Unfortunately, he rolled double 1's on a re-roll for the prince and Gigas got stuck. With players of Jeff's caliber I don't think one can count on such mistakes anyway

Thanks!

Comment

• Cool game, thinking about my flank game and you just gave me some inspriration. And congrats on the win of course.

Comment

• Thank you Rakkoon !

I am glad to hear that you gained some inspiration for your own games!

Cheers!

Comment

• Hello!

Here is the link to the game vs Forces of Nature commanded by Charles in Push scenario. We used special rules for the upcoming Kings of Capitol 2 tournament where no artifacts and no allies are allowed.

Game 88 - Forces of Nature - 2018/05/28

Many thanks to Charles for a great game!

Comment

• Once more, another great report !

Keep them coming mate !

Even if everybody seems to have migrate to Facebook.

Comment

• Hi Vil le Môvé !

Thank you for your comment and apologies for late reply!

I am glad you like the reports! I will keep them posting for sure, I like writing them so as soon as I have a new game played you may expect another battle report.

Perhaps if I posted full reports here we would have more discussion? This is what used to be like when I didn't have a blog and simply posted entire reports in the forum. However, I noticed that some forums may have restrictions as to how many pictures are allowed in a post. In addition, due to different way of importing them it means I would need to spend some time in posting the same content that is ready on the blog to comply with the forum system requirements.

I noted that discussions on the forum rarely evolve around battle reports. Forums used to be better in that regards but even then one could see people check the reports but do not leave comments.

If you think writing the reports or posting about them in a different way would engage the readers in a more active way I am always happy to receive feedback and see how I can implement it to the next report!

Cheers!

Comment

• Hi SwordMaster !

I think that effectively battle reports are a great way to "attract" new players but not to share experiences between them.

Effectively, when you do a lot of work in preparing your reports, I, like many others I think, hesitate to write something in regard of all the efforts you've put into your work. So I think that battle reports relieve more on "contemplation" than on any other things.

For "real" discussions, I think that we have to count on the normal thread on this forum. But today it seems that each and every member succumbed to the siren songs ; a siren called Facebook... On this everything is faster, more immediate. For me it's very dommageable because it's immediately written for sure but it's immediately forgotten too...

Perhaps that a way to go could be to link each report with a different thread about overall strategy ? Explaining why you play this particular move and no other (like you do in your battle summary) ?

Nevertheless, it's always a real pleasure to read from you.

Comment

Working...
                                X