Swordmaster's Battle Reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Rakkoon ,

If I understood correctly, the idea is that after the initial attack the battle lines are intermixed and units are relatively close to each other. This is a very good situation for units with Shambling special rule, in particular Giants and Dragon as they have relatively small base size while at the same time their normal Speed is high. In such circumstances it is quite hard for the opponent to prevent the move of these units to your flank/rear and then, when they are ideally 1" away, cast Surge to get them into melee. With high number of attacks with Crushing Strength that are further multiplied by flank/rear bonus, such actions can destroy enemy units very fast.
    Originally posted by Cornwall
    Swordsmaster could try taking less units

Comment

• Sounds good. A shame I don't have shambling in any of the armies I'm playing at the moment but I'll try and remember this.

Comment

• Hello!

Here is the link to the most recent game vs Matt and his Brocks, Rocks and Glocks army in Ransack scenario. Many thanks to Matt for a great game!

Game 86 - Dwarfs - 2018/05/11

Thanks!

Comment

• Close call but your Lord died valiantly.
          I used one your tactics with my Undead btw and won. Keep on writing!

Comment

• Oof, the number of times your dudes - especially the Tooth Fairy - charged into D5-6 and did nothing was wince inducing O_O Did bane-chant not work, or your dice just couldn't crack those high rolls? To say nothing of the Prince not tripling against the Organ Gun ;P
            BLOODFIRE :: Salamander Battle Reports
            NURGLEKIN :: Ratkin Battle Reports
            INSTAGRAM :: boss_salvage

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys!

Rakkoon

He did indeed! He was performing heroic acts during the battle, often taking one for the team but this time it was too much even for him.

I am glad some of the ideas were useful for you, that is really great to know!

Boss Salvage

Well, I think it was only Tooth Fairy who missed with his attacks I think it is due to the fact I used the models without the Wings to represent the Prince I didn't mention the Chariots but they kept doing some damage to each other when fighting against the King. It was just never enough to rout the stubborn, grumpy Dwarf!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X