Undead Other Races?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undead Other Races?

I know we have Zombie Trolls now, thanks largely to Dungeon Saga...

Be nice to see more Mantica Races get "adopted" by those family minded Necromancers to round out their Armies. Undead Centaurs or Orc Ghouls or something. Wouldn't necessarily need new stats, they could be optional counts as units for existing units in a pinch.

Maybe make a KoW unit of Dwarf Revenants at least?

Nothing is stopping you from modelling undead from other races. All-in, a skeleton is just a skeleton, be it from humans, orcs, dwarves or whatever. In my undead army I've experimented a bit on this concept and field goblins and ratkin zombies. (the old GW skaven sprue features a skull to use for this). There's plenty of undead miniatures from other races on the net, some even have decent quality.

Otherwise, conversions can be very interesting. With a bit of green stuff, most horses can be converted into centaurs, so I wouldn;t know why you can't create an undead centaur from a revenant cavalry + infantry model. I haven't tried undead centaurs, but have once built my own centaurs from wood elves and elven steeds. Sadly I don't on these models anymore, but the effect was good enough, even though I'm not that much of a green-stuff sculptor.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince1248 View Post
      In my undead army I've experimented a bit on this concept and field goblins and ratkin zombies. (the old GW skaven sprue features a skull to use for this). There's plenty of undead miniatures from other races on the net, some even have decent quality.
      Request for pictures launched!

Comment

Goblin zombies are in storage somewhere in the attick, but here's my skaven zombie:

20180515_200128.jpg

And for the curious, yes I base half of my zombies in troops. 4 troops + 4 regiments make either 6 regiments, 3 hordes or 2 legions. More than that I've never needed....

Comment

Scotia Grendel have a range of undead orcs

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Product...221_222_46_228

There has been a recent kickstarter doing the rounds with skeleton goblins. Not sure what it is off the top of my head but a google search should find it.

Similarly I've seen skeleton halflings

Comment

Super, thanks!

Comment

Titan forge makes an entire line of orcs and goblins undead. I've made an entire army out of them/

http://titan-forge.com/24-drakskulls-menace

Comment

Those are fabulous sculpts, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                X