Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Salamander Player

Hi,

Just starting with a Salamander army and I have a couple of queries that I am sure must have come up before.

1. Komodon. In the fluff in Uncharted Empires it suggests that the Komodon can shoot (spit bile) into combat. Is this just misleading fluff or is it accepted that the Komodon can shoot into combat?

2. Anklyodon Battle Platform. The Anklyodon can exchange blowpipes for firebolt for free. Given that blowpipes have range 12" and firebolts range 18", why would you ever not swap. Am I missing something?

Here is my starting army. It is composed entirely of models that have been 're-purposed' from within my collection and was created at nil cost.

Thanks for your advice.

Originally posted by Koshtra Belorn View Post
    Hi,

Just starting with a Salamander army and I have a couple of queries that I am sure must have come up before.

1. Komodon. In the fluff in Uncharted Empires it suggests that the Komodon can shoot (spit bile) into combat. Is this just misleading fluff or is it accepted that the Komodon can shoot into combat?

2. Anklyodon Battle Platform. The Anklyodon can exchange blowpipes for firebolt for free. Given that blowpipes have range 12" and firebolts range 18", why would you ever not swap. Am I missing something?

Here is my starting army. It is composed entirely of models that have been 're-purposed' from within my collection and was created at nil cost.

Thanks for your advice.
    Welcome!

Answering your questions:

1- No, Komodons cannot shoot into combat BUT as it's Shoot and Combat attack is indeed exactly the same, in a way it does.

2- Blowpipes don't get a penalty for moving and shooting, Firebolts do. Also don't loose your time with the Ankylodon, it's utter garbage .
    Tales of a Stranded Ghekkotah - Salamander Battle Reports

Odes and Sonnets from an outcast Troubadour - Brotherhood Battle Reports

KoW Painting Blog

Youtube Channel

Comment

Also don't loose your time with the Ankylodon, it's utter garbage .
      B***** I've just painted 2 up!

Thanks for your answers. I knew that about blowpipes - juts forgot it in the heat of the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Koshtra Belorn View Post

B***** I've just painted 2 up!

Thanks for your answers. I knew that about blowpipes - juts forgot it in the heat of the moment.
        Don't despair! Help is at hand.

A small trick from someone that painted two and couldn't make them work for almost two years. Take the two and put them on a 150x100 Base and BOOM fast and easy Horde of Ancients on Rhinosaurs, you will love them.

KoW Painting Blog

Youtube Channel

Comment

Also I will make a shameless self plug of my Battle Reports, all Salamanders (link in the signature).

You might also want to take a look at the Lustria-online forums. I have an army blog in there where you can read through the whole thought process and trial and error in making my lists. There are lots of Battle Reports the forum too, mine and from others.

http://lustriaonline.com/threads/ite...my-blog.18823/
          Last edited by El_Guardian; 11-06-2018, 07:47 PM.

KoW Painting Blog

Youtube Channel

Comment

Welcome to the Salamanders! And I love them dinos ;D
            BLOODFIRE :: Salamander Battle Reports
            NURGLEKIN :: Ratkin Battle Reports
            INSTAGRAM :: boss_salvage

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X