Announcement

Collapse

FORUMS CLOSING

Hi everyone,

This is some advance warning that these forums will be closing shortly. The last day will be the 17th December 2018. We have noticed over the past couple of years that traffic on the forum and regular users have both decreased. As a result we’ve taken the difficult decision to close the forums. We’ll still be able to answer rules questions via social media and we’ll produce articles on the Mantic Blog too.

Many thanks to all of you for your contributions and conversations on the pages here. Special thanks are extended to the moderators who have kept things ticking over for us in the background.

If there is any content you wish to keep, please download and save it before the final closing date.
See more
See less

Last Army list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Army list

Hey,

Quick question while there is still a forum: how about this list against the Herd?
    Legion and Blight for cover, lots of shooting and when that is done, 3 hordes of Shock troops.
    Low on units but high on shooting and attacks.

Brutal stuff, you should melt his face off. Triple Stampede might do some work against you? But barring that I'm not sure what the Herd have against Double Engines (tm) + Triple Storm Vermin (tm) + 23 Lightning Storm (tm). It's all the rat classics rolled into one!
    Last edited by Boss Salvage; 06-12-2018, 06:11 PM.
    BLOODFIRE :: Salamander Battle Reports
    NURGLEKIN :: Ratkin Battle Reports
    INSTAGRAM :: boss_salvage

Comment

Phalanx on blight feel like a waste...
      Almost Daily Baldy Worded Hobby Progress.

Comment

I think the concept was to make them particularly tarpit-y for the Herd, who have a bunch of TC. I mean, it knocks Stampedes down to CS1 only, whiiiiiiich would be more legit if Blight had higher than De3+.

So maybe I do agree with you Also it's quite expensive for my tastes.

EDIT: Actually wow, you're low on inspiring. And I also realized you haven't maxed out the Ratkin Lightning Storm (tm) yet - Crier w/ Boomstick??

EDIT2: Fakking unlocks ...
        Last edited by Boss Salvage; 06-12-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Ratkin have never won a game (lost 6), I'm allowed to bring a filthy list. He has Spirit Walkers and Stampedes that can butcher almost anything in one turn. Hence the shooting.

The Blight will crumble against his hordes without Phalanx, no? -1 to hit and -1 to wound should keep him busy. Or go for the counter-attack?

Comment

And yes, no unlock for a swarm-crier, I had to choose.

Comment

Spirit Walkers and Stampedes give my rats fits too. Most other lists too. I messed with some Herd lists after you posted and they were basically just spamming those + harpies + centaur chiefs.

Here's a rat list that you might not love since it doesn't have Slaves, but regen-ing Warrior core is a neat thing. I've also basically faced this list without the Death Engines @ 2250

*Warriors Regiment
              *Warriors Regiment
              *Warriors Horde
              Shock Troops Horde
              Shock Troops Horde
              Shock Troops Horde
              Blight Horde
              Death Engine - vile sorcery
              Death Engine - vile sorcery
              *Enforcer on Fleabag - Quicksilver Rapier
              Warlock - Lightning Bolt (5), Bane Chant (3), Inspiring Talisman
              Warlock - Lightning Bolt (5), Scarletmaw's Fenulian Amulet
              Warlock - Lightning Bolt (5)
              Swarm-Crier - The Boomstick
              Demonspawn - Lightning Bolt (5), fly and speed 10
              *Lab Rats Formation
              ----------

Comment

Looks cool. Will they have time to use the regen?

Comment

I had the same thought :/ Not against Stampedes, but I feel like a lot of the rest of the Herd is pretty grindy, and 4+ to hit on many things can be pretty floppy. I guess it's primarily of use against shooting, which the Herd aren't known for.

Comment

You will probably better spent your point by investing in slave legions... nerve is the true defensive stat. Tje warrior regiment havn't enough nerve to really get use of the regen. This formation would have been usefull if it has featured 2 horde instead of 2 regiment and 1 horde...
                    Almost Daily Baldy Worded Hobby Progress.

Comment

Neither Herd nor Ratkin have ever won a game so we'll be making history either way

Comment

Working...
                      X