Painting Orcs now whats the bad news?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Orcs now whats the bad news?

Picked up a Mantic Orc Mega Army at Adepticon after my elves were getting destroyed for the 4th tourney in a row lol. I know Orcs are not considered by some to be a strong army but can I run 4 hordes with godspeakers, war drum, flagger in the middle of them and then take a bunch of gore riders, orclings and krudger on slasher with wardrum on a flank just to delay and at 2250 points is what this is. I think I can sqeak a giant into the orc hordes to kinda like lead the way to take fire etc. But is it true that you can just kinda point and click them and if they stay healed up they can cause great damage and if they dont stay healed up they will get shot off the board? I guess im asking are they easy and fun to play like I think they will be even if they may not be destroyers of worlds? With practice can they be a great army? Regardless I am painting them because I have never done an evil army and they look like great models!

Originally posted by Bradsterius View Post
    But is it true that you can just kinda point and click them and if they stay healed up they can cause great damage and if they dont stay healed up they will get shot off the board?
    the short answer is no, there are no point and click armies, they are tougher than elves in that defence is mostly higher and hordes are easier to fit into the lists. but if you expose a flank, or get baited into a clusterduck, you're gonna have a bad time, just like with any other army around.

don't expect an easy ride. and try build just 1 list with maybe 300 pts of spares to swap out.

Comment

Definately and thanks for the advice. I didnt mean point click win, I meant point click as in deploy go forward kill stuff or die trying lol. I want to give my brain a rest from trying to think 2 turns ahead lol. Especially in my case where in thinking 2 turns ahead I see doom

Comment

Orks have it easier in melee than other armies.

Especially moreaxes (lotsa attacks, CS (1) and 17/19 nerve if close to a drum and gryphon banner are really good. Thing is, they only have a defense of 4 and can be flanked like any infantry. If I were to play Orcs, I'd build a core of 1 horde of axe followed by a couple regiments of moreaxes; war drums, griphon banner and bane chanting dude for lotsa killing.

This is by no means an unkillable build, as your lack of mobility makes it really difficult to pick your battles. I'd ally in some mobility and chaff, probably in the form of abyssal tortured souls/gargoyles, maybe an efreet and then the army suddenly becomes interresting. You also need some mounded krushers to disorder nasties, but I think this is viable.

Comment

Gryphon and drums don't stack. Max rallying is 2.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bag View Post
            Gryphon and drums don't stack. Max rallying is 2.
            They don't? In the past i've seen comments from the RC that they do stack.

Edit: it seems that in the latest version of the FAQ it's been amended. So the moreaxes are limited to 16/18, for 17/19 you'll have to invest in the brew of courage. Which you can, since you saved 25 points on gryphon.....

Comment

They used to and that was great.

Comment

Working...
              X