Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the Cok2018 affect our green friends?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will the Cok2018 affect our green friends?

This thread is to discuss changes from CoK2018 that will affect our army, despite of new units/formations that we still didnt see them

At the moment we have.

Units:
    • Orclins hordes no longer buff godspeaker.
    Well, this is a big nerf for our spellcaster and made orclings hordes less usefull. I will change to regiment to keep its chaff role and save points.
    • Chariot changes.
    Not big changes, but mades gore chariots regiment an attractive choice. IMO horde still has a huge footprint to be usefull.

For Fightwagons, still gore riders better than regiment for only +15pt.

Krudger on Gore Chariot. Beware, nimble and speed 8 makes him nice choice for assist our gore riders regiments.

Artifacts and Spells
    • From artifacts we lose , as everyone, "blood of the old king" for our morax units.
    Come back core artifact but fixed doesn´t matter at all.
    • About spells, bloodboil was good for us but its a change for everyone, so we are fine.
    The new spell for evil army made our spellcaster usefull on early turns and give a bit survive to our units against gunlines. Now we can choose go first, run with all our army and protect that unit we coudnt put under cover. I love it

What i would like to see about unit or formation?

-Love the idea de +1 to speed when charge. That should be an special rule for some units in formation.

-Nimble/Speed 10 (fly riders) unit. They already made as "example" for custom unit.

-Bigshield/Fulkom unit.

Btw, the gore chariot formation from edge of the abbys, now makes sense.

3 regiment gore chariots
    1 Krudge on chariot

640 pts: All get +1 speed.(with changes equals 9).

Those are my thoughts

And yours?

Hordes of chariots only losing 1 thunderous charge if hindered could see them being a really good can opener.
    I liked fight wagon hordes before so with extra nerve that even better!
    The Krudger on chariot is now a real choice like a budget slasher
    I'm looking forward to playing with the new changes when they come out properly

Comment

What do you guys think about the new units. Longax which I presume is a phalanx unit and the krusher. A baby Krudger at 60 pts with 3 3+ melee CS2 attacks. 15 pts to be mounted on a gore.

Comment

The Krusher fills a massive hole that in the Orc list. I find my Orcs struggle most with shooting list so having a cheap 75pt guy to throw around and disorder stuff, hunt mages, weapon teams and wartrombones maybe even ground a flyer or 2 without having to throw my 150 point inspiring Krudger out of the battle line will be huge.
        Plus with him hitting on 3+ with crushing 2 he's pretty certain to get at least the 1 wound you need.

I look forward to seeing what the Longax bring to the party, but if they are crushing strength, phalanx and def 5+ i will definatley invest in some

Comment

Krusher is good; Chariot hordes were already very good, and featured in some successful lists last year - the buff makes them a really strong choice.

Comment

I'm loving the Krusher. When on a boar he should be making those flyers think twice about getting close enough to jump over to the back of our troops less they get charged. As well as the benefits he has against ranged already mentioned above.

Comment

Anyone get the book and see exactly what Long Axes are? Phalanx obviously, but DE4? 5?
              To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught,then the pact is to avenge!

Comment

Hi there !
                I'm really not sure that Mantic longer accept that we give all the informations present in the book without you buy it !
                Nevertheless they are Def 5 phalanx.

Comment

Originally posted by Vil le Môvé View Post
                  Hi there !
                  I'm really not sure that Mantic longer accept that we give all the informations present in the book without you buy it !
                  Nevertheless they are Def 5 phalanx.

I found out, and i ordered the book, just waiting for it.
                  To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught,then the pact is to avenge!

Comment

All that Fury, buffs to chariots - have to help the Orcs, right? New Spear unit, new hero.

I'd like to see a dedicated missile unit or a small war machine in the future. I can dream.....

Comment

Already got the book.

The new hero is a must.

Formations for orcs not the best ones,

LongAxe are axe with phalax and more attacks. TBH ill keep using axes, less points.

Chariot changes are ok, but still not playable. Gore riders better option.

Fury, too much occasionally. 90% of time you will get routed, on those 10% maybe usefull.

Comment

Originally posted by ivankno View Post

Chariot changes are ok, but still not playable. Gore riders better option.
                        Dude, people were already finishing at the top of GTs LAST year using chariot hordes for us, with the changes they are a SUPER strong option.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorgrim View Post

Dude, people were already finishing at the top of GTs LAST year using chariot hordes for us, with the changes they are a SUPER strong option.
                          I don't understand how they can protect a flank of 8" from flyers. imho no chariot horde is a good option for any armies, and regiments too, not so cheap and very low nerve for that footprint

Comment

Originally posted by cultistapazzo View Post

I don't understand how they can protect a flank of 8" from flyers. imho no chariot horde is a good option for any armies, and regiments too, not so cheap and very low nerve for that footprint
                            Elven, EoD and Orc chartiots have all won and finished very highly at a large number of tournaments in the last 6 months, and that was BEFORE the CoK 18 changes. With them, there are some seriously nasty builds that are possible with them. Ogre chariot hordes are now one of the very best units in the entire game, and in the context of our orcs here, there are even some super nasty lists people are thinking about that are not just featuring a horde of chariots like last year but now are spamming chariot and fight wagon hordes.

Comment

Working...
                            X