Kingdoms of men 1500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingdoms of men 1500

As many on this forum know, in our gaming group we usually play only 1,500 points. We have many starting (or relatively starting) players so 1,500 points are easily painted and collected.
    The second advantage is that 1,500 points battles are quickly played and they can be played on a 2x2 foot board so our 2 gaming tables can become 3.

For our upcoming summer tournament the TO wants to play 1,500 points (possibly upgrading to 1,800 points) on 6x4 tables instead. Instead of kill scenario's we'll be playing CoK18 scenarios instead.

As our gaming group drifts into more-and-more elite armies (not in the least because my winning a previous tournament with my 1,500 points all-mounted brotherhood army) I'm off to something radically different:

A lot of space and small opposing armies give me the idea to try the "more nerve than you can destroy in six turns" approach:
    Kingdoms of Men (Neutral)
    Shield Wall
    Infantry
    Sp Me Ra De At Ne Pts Special
    Regiment(20)
    5 4+ - 4+ 12 13/15 100
    Foot Guard
    Infantry
    Horde(40)
    5 3+ - 4+ 25 21/23 225 Crushing Strength (1)
    - Exchange shields for two-handed weapons (lower Defence to 4+, gain Crushing Strength (1)) 0
    Spear Phalanx
    Infantry
    Horde(40)
    5 4+ - 4+ 30 20/22 200 Phalanx
    - Brew of Strength 30
    Pole-Arms Block
    Infantry
    Horde(40)
    5 4+ - 3+ 25 20/22 165 Crushing Strength (1)
    Horde(40)
    5 4+ - 3+ 25 20/22 165 Crushing Strength (1)
    Hero
    Hero (Inf)
    (1)
    8 3+ - 5+ 3 10/12 50 Hero (Cav), Crushing Strength (1), Individual
    - Mount on a horse, increasing Speed to 8 and changing to Hero (Cav) 15
    - Blade of Slashing 5
    Army Standard Bearer
    Hero (Inf)
    (1)
    5 5+ - 4+ 1 9/11 50 Hero (Inf), Individual, Very Inspiring
    Wizard
    Hero (Inf)
    (1)
    5 4+ - 4+ 1 10/12 50 Hero (Inf), Individual, Lightning Bolt (3)
    - Replace Fireball (6) with Lightning Bolt (3) 0
    - Inspiring Talisman 20
    (1)
    5 4+ - 4+ 1 10/12 50 Hero (Inf), Bane-chant (2), Individual, Lightning Bolt (3)
    - Bane-chant (2) 15
    - Replace Fireball (6) with Lightning Bolt (3) 0
    Forces of the Abyss (Evil)
    Gargoyles*
    Infantry
    Troop(10)
    10 4+ - 3+ 8 8/10 80 Base Size: (25x25mm), Fly, Regeneration (3+), Vicious
    Tortured Souls
    Large Infantry
    Regiment(3)
    10 4+ - 4+ 9 -/15 145 Crushing Strength (1), Fly, Fury, Lifeleech (2), Shambling, Thunderous Charge (1)
    Efreet
    Hero (Inf)
    (1)
    7 4+ - 4+ 1 11/13 135 Hero (Inf), Fireball (20), Fury, Individual, Pathfinder

The idea is to cover ground with my 4 hordes, all of which have CS and win the game by attricion. The single regiment of shield wall is to guard a flank, while the allies guard against flyers threatening my flanks/rears. The single models are for inspiring/chaff/BC/lightning.

The reason I'm including spears is because these are the models I own, as I'd rather have a 3rd horde of halberdiers instead. (But who in his right mind paints 3 hordes of halberdiers; I'm getting in the final stages of painting the 2nd horde)

Can you advise me how I can adjust the army list with the models I own? Aside from the infantry above, I own another regiment of shield wall, 3 troops of militia, one of berserkers and a regiment of pikes. Furthermore, I own a regiment of each type of shooters, 3 war beasts, 5 regiments of knights and enough characters (on all kinds of mounts) to be able to field whatever I want. Finally I own 3 kinds of all war machines KoM or League can field.

I'm not 100% sold on the inclusion of allies, but I need something to guard against fliers/fast cavalry. Also I find the naked ASB a pity, but I;m really strapped for points.

I think the flying allies are great to get some speed in your army.
    Tortured souls are shambling and you do not have surge. Not sure if that is a problem since they are there to charge.
    6 LB is light on ranged shooting but lots of fireballs will make it interesting.

Comment

finally finished my 2nd halberdier horde:

https://ibb.co/jAsta8
      This is Mercanto.

He's raised the batallion and outfitted them at his personal expense. Surely, he'll be proud on their (future) successes.

moar pix:
      https://ibb.co/kyhFoT
      https://ibb.co/mW46v8
      https://ibb.co/jxW88T

Army is ready to roar!

Comment

Onwards to yellow victories!

Comment

This is 1500 points worth of Kingdoms of men.

https://ibb.co/feOdjy

Looks really impressive. It really isn't.
          I really underestimated that KoM hordes die swiftly to armies with a large number of attacks. I did not that bad, but failed against a Kin army which managed to do too much damage to my units with their combination of low melee scores and vicious. A regiment of blade dancers with bane chant will kill a horde a turn. Really didn't expect this much.

Comment

Its why you feed them militia chaff instead!

How did the allies pan out?

Kin can be a nasty list - shooting/cc/flyers plus vicious isn't pretty.

Comment

The allies worked wonders. As I did not have that much KoM chaff, the two abyssal fliers worked out as chaff/threat by themselves.

In two of the games the souls sacrificed themselves so my hordes survived another turn. the 3rd, they got flank charged by a lord on dark pegasus that I didn;t think it could makeit. Gargoyles performed decently too for a cheap unit. Efreet was more of a deterrent than actually damaging by itself, but it saved my flanks and rears from fliers and cheap cavalry. All-in, I'm more content with my allies than with my yellow guys.

Comment

Working...
              X