Announcement

Collapse

FORUMS CLOSING

Hi everyone,

This is some advance warning that these forums will be closing shortly. The last day will be the 17th December 2018. We have noticed over the past couple of years that traffic on the forum and regular users have both decreased. As a result we’ve taken the difficult decision to close the forums. We’ll still be able to answer rules questions via social media and we’ll produce articles on the Mantic Blog too.

Many thanks to all of you for your contributions and conversations on the pages here. Special thanks are extended to the moderators who have kept things ticking over for us in the background.

If there is any content you wish to keep, please download and save it before the final closing date.
See more
See less

Trying out Forces of Nature - Talonriders!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying out Forces of Nature - Talonriders!

I have always liked the stats of the centaur bray striders and druids in the nature list but didn't get round to trying them out yet.
    The upgrade to Talonriders has convinced me to give them a go.
    I am going to try the following list with 2 hordes of Talonriders and 2 regiments of bray striders at a games day this weekend so I will report back on how it goes.

I am hoping the maneuverability of the Talonriders, some healing and army wide pathfinder will make up for the lack of defense and hitting power compared to a lot of other armies but it might be a struggle depending on the terrain.

I am not overly happy with the Earth Elemental horde but was struggling for points to get ensnares as an anvil.

Any ideas or suggestions?

That Special Greater Fire Elemental is eating a huge chunk of points. I would be interested to know if he is worth his points.
    I tried the one horde of Talons with piercing and they work great with Flying Beasts with Lightning Bolts. Bane-Chants on the Talons work well. I was thinking Black Iron Crown for Piercing 2. Also works when they charge flanks. In my opinion the Talon should only combo charge flanks and rears.
    Good luck.

Looking forward to hearing how you do.

Comment

Working...
    X