Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horde Mountain King and Glacier King Models for Elementals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horde Mountain King and Glacier King Models for Elementals?

As the title says, has anyone used the Mountain king of Glacier King models from Hordes as elementals? Are the too big? Are they able to fit on the correct base size?

I've seen them run as giants in other armies, not as elementals, though they would look cool for that too. That said, they don't come close to a 50 mm base. I know it's at least a 75 that it takes, maybe it was even a 100, can't recall.

Comment

Looking him up, he comes on a 120mm round, and looking at images, I imagine it would be hard to get him on smaller than a 90-100mm base.

edited to add, you asked "can he fit the correct base size", the answer is obviously no. However if you aren't aware, the rules allow for "exceptional base size" for monsters, heroes and war machines, where you can use the smallest base possible. So if you want to run this guy, you can. You just have to accept the larger base.

Comment

Ah. Well might just go with the Reaper ones then. Shame I really like that model. Maybe we can get a new unit for all elemental across all armies, like instead of Greater, a Colossal Elemental or something.

Comment

There's also the MOM ones that are really great painted up ... https://www.momminiaturas.com/miniat...ientos-enanos/

Comment

They definitely would not fit on a 50, and almost could never fit on a 75. The smallest base I could see the model fit on without being obviously crammed onto it is an 80, and even then... a 100 is almost certain required. They are pretty models, but they are definitely not small.

Comment

Big fan of seeing these models in KOW, wondering if it's just the one army that has them both? And there's the third shipwreck one now too ...

What elementals are you looking for in particular? Sounds like greater earth and greater water?
              BLOODFIRE :: Salamander Battle Reports
              NURGLEKIN :: Ratkin Battle Reports
              INSTAGRAM :: boss_salvage

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Salvage View Post
                Big fan of seeing these models in KOW, wondering if it's just the one army that has them both? And there's the third shipwreck one now too ...

What elementals are you looking for in particular? Sounds like greater earth and greater water?
                I would love to use a Sea King as a Trident Realms Coral Giant, but man... I don't want to drop that much $$$ on it just yet. Plus I've committed my TR to being 100% Mantic, so I don't want to buy that type of a model knowing(/hoping...?) that it'll be swapped out eventually.

Comment

Yeah water and earth. I have Dwarfs and Brotherhood. I have some earth elemental, but these look far cooler. I really don 't have any water elementals at the moment though. Maybe we can get the Colossal Elemental and then I could use those.

Comment

One other comment for anyone considering them that might not know the scale of the model - they are easily 8" tall, if not more.

Comment

Working...
                    X