X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ba'su'su the Vile

I think Ba'su'su is very expensive...
    Please, how do you use it ?

He's incredible and probably the best flying character in the game for his points. If he was 20 points more he'd still be worth it.

There are two main uses for him, lone wolf or support character.

Lone Wolf
    He's more than sturdy enough with his decent nerve, regen and self inspiring to go off completely by himself. You could use him to knock out key targets like war engines and sources of inspiring and wizards. Or you can pick one key target in your opponents battle line and throw Ba'su'su into the front of it to hold it up all game.

Enemy knights are an especially good targets for this - if you can get the charge (which you usually can because of 20" fly) you can strip their TC and be fairly safe from the counter charge. It'll probably take you 3-4 turns to break them, but that entire time they're doing nothing to the rest of your army. And if your opponent turns more stuff around to help out, it puts them out of position and the rest of your army can move up.

Or just fly him into the front of a horde of archers or equivalent. You'll most likely never break them but you'll also stop them shooting all game. That's a good trade, especially if the shooting horde is part of your opponents main plan for dealing damage.

Ba'su'su's biggest strength is his ability to control such a huge section of the board. He's doing his job if you're forcing your opponent to act differently because of him. He might never need to charge all game to still have a big impact on the outcome.

Support
    The other way to play him is as direct support to your other combat units. As he's on a relatively small base, he can slot alongside most other units on combat.
    Use him to combo charge alongside Halfbreeds and Grotesques and add a reliable 3-4 points of damage to any combat he's in.

How many times have your failed a nerve check by 1 or 2. Ba'su'su is great for tipping combats over the edge. I once played a game against an Abyssal player where Ba'su'su was involved at one point in every single combat of the game! Even after I'd disordered him so he couldn't fly, he can still spin 180 degrees on the spot and charge off 20" into another combat where's he's more needed.
    Elliot M

"There you go again, cheating by using the rules correctly!"

Comment

Thank you so much for your analysis !

Comment

And make sure you know how to nimble pivot out of the enemy unit's charge arc if you get wavered. You can regen your wounds and fly off the next turn.

It really brings his bullshit to the next level.

Comment

Before the nerve nerf, Basusu was undercosted and people complained about him being too good. The key is to keep him from getting surrounded and waivered and pick the fights so that he does not get ganged up on. He can take limited hits and regen over time. I'd just add that he is an excellent hunter and counter to individuals but his ability to take on a fast flying unit or cav unit and disorder it and strip TC is one of my favorite tactics. Also, he can stone a shooting horde as well,

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrumpyTroll View Post
            He's incredible and probably the best flying character in the game for his points. If he was 20 points more he'd still be worth it.
            Ba'su'su is great no doubt.. side tangent, is the best flying character the Pharaoh with wings of Honeymaze? (25pts cheaper, Lifeleach 1, No Waver, Surge, slightly smaller base) while Ba'su'su has +3 attacks and Vicious over the Pharaoh

Play KoW in Oxford, UK @ http://www.OxfordGamingClub.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by frosty View Post
              Ba'su'su is great no doubt.. side tangent, is the best flying character the Pharaoh with wings of Honeymaze? (25pts cheaper, Lifeleach 1, No Waver, Surge, slightly smaller base) while Ba'su'su has +3 attacks and Vicious over the Pharaoh
              Its a close call definitely. I would personally give it to Ba'su'su. While the Pharaoh is more survivable and has the utility of surge and inspiring to everything, the extra attacks on Ba'su'su means that he can actually threaten to break a 14/16 regiments over 2/3 turns.
              Elliot M

"There you go again, cheating by using the rules correctly!"

Comment

Working...
              X