Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooty Paints Random Stuff

Hiya all

I've already got painting threads in the KoW and Dungeon Saga sections (plus a sale thread down in the trade zone if anyone is interested...), but thought I would start a more general painting thread here for non-Mantic stuff. Partly so I can show stuff off (because I like looking at pictures of minis ), but also so I can possibly receive advice/recommendations. Always trying to improve and whatnot!

I will leave this first post mostly free, so perhaps I can one day come back and establish some semblance of order here, the piccies will start in the first post
    Last edited by Sooty; 06-08-2016, 07:13 AM.
    My plog of random painting projects

Rightio, first project is something I've been working on for a bit, and my first attempt at trying something 'realistic' using weathering and whatnot, which I hope might ultimately morph into working on Great War period minis. The miniatures for this are mostly from Victoria Miniatures, with some forgeworld bits thrown in. The artillery piece is from Kromlech, while the base is Secret Weapon.

Advice/feedback etc is most welcome More pics will come in due course, but this project is something of a slow burner at the moment.

Comment

Second mini done, mini's and arty all from Victoria Miniatures. I painted this a couple of weeks ago, I didn't get it all done this weekend

Comment

For a change of pace, some Bolt Action Japanese. Bases not done, as I'm waiting for the Basius kickstarter to arrive before having a go at a jungle theme

Though I can't help but notice this forum doesn't seem to be getting much traffic these days

Comment

A wee update. I have painted about a platoon's worth of Japanese now, but am waiting on my Basius kickstarter to arrive before finishing them off. So instead I have a Type 95 tank I got from Trenchworx to show off. Am not sure if my attempt at jungle camo works or not...

Comment

the tank looks awesome, great work!
            If only I could be so grossly incandescent

Comment

Cheers.

Am still swimming in a sea of unbased minis. Have about 70 on the pile now, waiting for my kickstarter to arrive

Painted up a Japanese scout car to tide me over. Still messing around with chipping effects. I think I need an air brush to get the technique to really work well though...

Comment

Just for something a little different, some Aussies to oppose the Japanese.

Comment

I love the first cannon, especially the barrel. Have you thought about posting WIPs?

Comment

No, not really. I tend to not like showing stuff off till it's finished....

About which, forgot I had finished another gun, but never posted pictures of it in here.

Comment

Working...
                    X